JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Error
Reviews are disabled for this resource because it is permanently closed.
Ask question Discuss resource
the guy with the tattoos is really nice and nows his stuff, but some of the girls there dont know anything. like i asked them if they were getting any cz 52s in and they had no clue what i was talking about

the guy with the tattoos is really nice and nows his stuff, but some of the girls there dont know anything. like i asked them if they were getting any cz 52s in and they had no clue what i was talking about

That's because their 'job' is to look good. The ones I've seen, do there jobs very well!! :D

If ya want to talk guns, see the guy with the Tattoos. I think his name is Eric.

Frog.

That's because their 'job' is to look good. The ones I've seen, do there jobs very well!! :D

If ya want to talk guns, see the guy with the Tattoos. I think his name is Eric.

Frog.
haha yeah but its awkward when your girlfriend comes with you in there and sees that. the next thing you know you get trouble from her when you say your going to "look at guns"

Had a very strange experience at TGB in Clackamas.

Stopped by on my lunch hour to browse and found a Yugo M48. Crown wasn't all that good, but the action seemed OK. However, it was mildly bubbafied - someone had removed the back sight and installed a MOJO sight. The bore was obviously used - FYI, there are plenty of unissued M48s floating around.

The clerk said they had the back sight...but after 15 minutes of looking around, couldn't find it. Said the gun was $100.

Told him I'd think about it. Went back to work, looked up price of ordering a replacement sight, thought about it, said...eh, what the ****.

Drove back.

Walked over to the rack...and the rifle was gone. Wow, someone must have grabbed it. Asked the two women who were doing inventory if they'd sold it.

"Oh, I don't know."

Did it get moved?

"Oh, I don't know."

They proceeded to ignore me and continue their inventory. Never offered help. I asked them if they could find it and they said they didn't know where it was, with the implication that I was bothering them.

After a few minutes, I find the rifle in a different spot...and now it has a $299 price tag on it!

"What happened?" I asked. "This was $100 a few hours ago."

"Oh, I don't know."

After asking again, the other woman said the first clerk "must not have known what he was talking about, I guess".

It was lousy customer service all around.
  1. Customers are more important than inventory. I'm standing here attempting to give you my money!
  2. The rifle may have been worth $100 - $300 was a joke (you can get them for $250 in unissued condition, $200 for excellent).

I was a bit peeved at being ignored, so I didn't even pursue the other rifle I was considering.

One of my favorite gun stores!

The prices and the selection are always good. The service has been outstanding for me everytime. They are always interested in showing you a gun, allowing you to compare multiple guns side by side.

My first gun purchase at the Gun Broker: I was looking at a pistol with a set of fiber optic sights on it, when the guy with the tattoos said "go outside and see how the sights look". His trust in me, earned him a lifelong customer.

I do have to agree with you gys on one thing, Those girls are real good lookin'! But, about the store, I do not like the one in Tigard! I bought my first handgun there, well I picked it out and my dad bought it, I was only like 18. It was a used Stainless S&W 1911, I got a good deal I thought, like $650.00 out the door with a box of UMC. When I was trying to sell my Colt AR15 that was almost brand new I took it in there and the younger bald guy said he would MAYBE give me $500.00 cash for it and if I wanted to trade it in on something he could MAYBE give me $600.00. He was rude about it too. I really like the one in Clackamas though. I bought my 870 there. They even held it overnight for me, over the phone, from Fri. morning till Sat. evening! I got a great deal on it too! And instead of a guy taking my finger prints it was a couple of hot babes! A win win situation!

Hands down my favorite gun store in Portland. They have it all- excellent selection, decent prices (except they did try gouging people on .22 ammo a while back- $59.99 for a brick of Win. Wildcats!), and extremely friendly staff. I've bought some fine pieces there. When I make the trip to Portland from Seaside, it's the first store I visit.

I'm going to call them an ask to get a store down here in Salem, we need a good dealer down here :p

They have a store in Woodburn now.

GB is the only store I go to anymore. They are only good for buying guns though. The ammo, accys and transfers are way to much to even consider. Selling guns to them is not advisable, its like a pawn shop... but what retailer isnt a dog when it comes to buying used guns?

I caught the guys @ Tigard bringing UMC .45acp bulk packs and .22lr bulk packs from the BiMart that they share a parking lot with... which then went up about %200 in price.:s0131:

That said, there is no better gunshop in the area. Force Ten in Newberg is the way to go for transfers though. $25 out the door:s0114:

They have a store in Woodburn now.

GB is the only store I go to anymore. They are only good for buying guns though. The ammo, accys and transfers are way to much to even consider. Selling guns to them is not advisable, its like a pawn shop... but what retailer isnt a dog when it comes to buying used guns?

I caught the guys @ Tigard bringing UMC .45acp bulk packs and .22lr bulk packs from the BiMart that they share a parking lot with... which then went up about %200 in price.:s0131:

That said, there is no better gunshop in the area. Force Ten in Newberg is the way to go for transfers though. $25 out the door:s0114:
That is pretty sleazy. The guy (a doofy Bod Ross looking hoser) that runs the Tigard store is a bit of a d-bag. He and I do not get along at all. I had a chance to get him fired once. I sometimes wish I had pushed it.

found a glock 17 in like new condition and a couple new 17 rd mags & a hardshell case for 400 saturday at the clackamas store.very fair dealers,seems they usually have what ive been looking for almost every time,and cheaper than other stores to boot. very good service

Royd is an interesting character for sure. Have been in his store twice, both times i bought a firearm.

the first time was eight years ago and he made me a killer deal on a new rem vs 223.
the last time was dec 09 i went in to trade for a 1895g marlin.

Went in a couple of days ago to see if one of the guys or gals could help me with an AK I bought from them a couple of months ago. I somehow jammed the bolt/carrier into the gun by forcing it in, because I put the bolt into the carrier wrong. Anyways, they didn't even seem reluctant to help, at first we were told to wait for one of the guys to get back, then this gal asked if we needed help and said she could probably help us. She couldn't and then a customer asked if he could help and then yanked the bolt out with force. Problem solved. Best gun store I've visited.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top