JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering buying an aftermarket barrel for a Glock and am trying to figure out if there is a difference between the two. Should I avoid one over the other or????

Looking for feedback.

Thanks in advance!

SF-

I've run a LWD (lone wolf) barrel through my Glock 22 (a Conversion 9mm Barrel actually) and have had ZERO issues.

G182.jpg

I changed the factory barrel in my Glock 23 to a Lone Wolf SS 40S&W. It really works very well. Drop in fit, feeds ammo perfectly, no case bulge - no issues whatsoever. Will buy their 9mm conversion barrel within the month. FWIW, I opted for the non marked version.

I bought a 9mm Storm Lake barrel for my Glock 23.
I wanted traditional rifling to shoot lead bullet reloads.

Most lead bullets, Missouri small ball 125gr in particular, have a longer engagement length, larger diameter, and need to be seated deeper for a shorter cartridge overall length.

Some have a problem accepting this and blame the barrel.
Word around the 'net on the Lone Wolf barrel is; "I sent mine back and had it opened it up".
Jacketed bullet reloads and "factory" ammo never seem to be a problem.

Glocks come with the chamber and throat size near the top of the specifications for function, not accuracy.
Afterall, a Glock is designed for defense, to accept ammo variations, not shooting games.

An aftermarket barrel is designed for shooting games and accuracy, thus is held to the smaller side of chamber tolerances.
This has prooved to be a challenge for some reloaders.
Sorry for the long answer, and this is only MY experience, others may differ.

Tilos

I installed the Lone Wolf barrel on my Glock 17 and it was an easy drop in fit. I shoot reloads with zero problems and have not had one FTF since I bought the barrel.

I have noticed that my groups have improved since I made the change and the accuracy seems to get better as the barrel breaks in. Its a match grade SS barrel and I added the 3.5 connector for the trigger and the SS recoil guide/spring at the same time. Makes a world of difference in the ease of shooting and accuracy of the pistol.

I plan to add the same changes to my Glock model 32 with both the 357 sig and 40 cal barrels.

I have both Stormlake and Lonewolf for the Glock 21

When my original 21 barrel bulged..and Glock didn't warranty it...then I went for the aftermarkets...

Almost identical...now I reload for it...it's a pain to reload for..you have to basicaly custom design a round to make it work...

Today I had nothing but problems...so it's back the drawing board...typicaly it's feed problems..hence the reason why Glock didn't fully enclose the case in their chambers...but the after markets did..

On other hand my 1911s feed anything I put through them...

I have both Stormlake and Lonewolf for the Glock 21

When my original 21 barrel bulged..and Glock didn't warranty it...then I went for the aftermarkets...

Almost identical...now I reload for it...it's a pain to reload for..you have to basicaly custom design a round to make it work...

Today I had nothing but problems...so it's back the drawing board...typicaly it's feed problems..hence the reason why Glock didn't fully enclose the case in their chambers...but the after markets did..

On other hand my 1911s feed anything I put through them...

Did you call LW? If for some reason there's a problem, they'll double check barrel but I'd wonder if something else may be causing issues. I'm in Eugene. Send me a PM if ya want.

I just picked up a Lone Wolf 2 port barrel for my G27 and it shoots great. It was tested with 165gr SP Gold Dot, Unique powder and CCI primers. 200 rounds and never missed a beat. The ports do seem to help a bit, not quite as snappy.

My 2cents:D

Ghost Rider "It was tested with 165gr SP Gold Dot"

My experience is the same...no problem with jacketed whether reloads or factory, but lead is a different story.

I push the lead bullets I use through a lee sizing die and now shoot lead without a problem.
It takes about 20 minutes to re-size 500 bullets, but well worth the time for better function and accuracy.
SSG, give it a try and it may even improve accuracy in the 1911.

Tilos

Maybe resizing will help, in the past, crimping better was one fix...but I suspect my next option is to seat the rounds deaper...

It's a pain, if I can't shoot lead...why bother...

This gun is for sale...two match barrels, hardchrome, laster max, it's yours for what I am into it....

Hey guys. I want to purchase a lone wolf ported barrel for my glock 30. I can tell that they are good barrels from reading all the post on this site. One problem, I like a good shooting gun, but I also like a pretty gun. Is it possible to get a lone wolf barrel without the picture of the wolf on it. It looks like my five year old drew it. Don't get me wrong, when my kid draws a picture, I tell him it's nice, and I put it on the fridge. I don't put it on a barrel for a gun.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Thanks, Al.

Yes, I felt the same way. If you look at their website, you can find the option to order without the logo on the top. Call them and they will walk you through it.

i am looking for a new barrel for my glock model 22 since glock wont replace it. Says that i used over charged ammo but i only shoot winchester 180gr FMJs. I dont reload and I only use store bought ammo. Would the lone wolf barrels make a great choice over the factory barrel? also, do the long wolf barrels for glocks hold up well with FMJ and JHP rounds? because those are the only .40 sw rounds i shoot. both in 165gr and 180gr

"Almost identical...now I reload for it...it's a pain to reload for..you have to basicaly custom design a round to make it work..."
-I do not find this to be the case at all. Not sure what/how you reload... but I use a basic Lee handpress, Lee dies, and Lee taper crimp. I run SWC at 1.24" COAL. I have used LRN at 1.16" before too (buller profile demanded this), and they have all fed. I do KNOW that the cahmber is sensitive to crimp... if you aren't crimped right, you WILL get case drag, and cause failure to battery. This will happen to any barrel.

I find the LWD barrels to be very good for the money. No hiccups that were not my own fault.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top