JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I recently bought something online from Academy Sports. I can say unequivocally that unless they give this guy a raise, a medal, and his job back, that's the last nickel they ever get of mine.

I recently bought something online from Academy Sports. I can say unequivocally that unless they give this guy a raise, a medal, and his job back, that's the last nickel they ever get of mine.

Couldn't find an email address on their website and I wanted to let them know the above, but the live chat probably wastes more of their resources anyway. The Chat link is at the bottom of their website: Academy Sports + Outdoors | Quality Sporting Goods | Top Hunting, Fishing & Outdoor Gear

Screenshot from 2018-07-12 19-27-25.png

Crouch stops a guy who later ADMITS he and his family were being threatened by an unknown person and he wanted the gun to "kill him" - and admitted he will steal again when he is out of jail.
I am no lawyer but it would seem to me his firing could be construed as some sort of an established 'lack of action' by Academy and in a left handed way could almost be interpreted as 'aiding' a criminal. - I.E. by firing Crouch they are condoning the actions of the criminal.
This would roughly be the same as firing an LEO for taking action against an obvious threat.
PURE BS!
This part however I do not understand:
Crouch says he's received several job offers in the wake of the incident, but is still hoping to get his job back at Academy Sports.

Last Edited:
Having worked for wal mart and knowing policies first hand, I know very well what can easily get you fired. ;)

And yes, getting caught tackling a person stealing is one of those ways to get fired easily.

These store policies have become reality because pieces of crap can steal from a store, get hurt running out of the store by an employee trying to stop them and then sue the store and win the lawsuit for damages despite they originally started the whole affair by committing a crime of theft in the first place.

If you want to be mad, blame lawyers and judges who have let that crap become feasible which have lead us to these dumb azz policies.

geez, this country (and companies) can be so messed up sometimes...

Florida Academy Sports manager fired after tackling gun theft suspect
geez, this country (and companies) can be so messed up sometimes...

Florida Academy Sports manager fired after tackling gun theft suspect

He probably stopped another news worthy headline for the anti . He deserves a raise ,bonus & Employee of the month . I hope he sues their bubblegum off.

Having worked for wal mart and knowing policies first hand, I know very well what can easily get you fired. ;)

And yes, getting caught tackling a person stealing is one of those ways to get fired easily.

No wonder packs of thieves hit Wal-Mart . No fear

If he was stealing anything else it would be no big deal . But he was stealing a gun that in itself shows bad intent .He needed dealt with instantly
IIRC, there is a Justifiable Homicide clause about "when deadly force is used in prevention of a forcible felony"... so if it's justified to cap the f***er's trash right there, isn't it JUST AS justified to use lesser force options too?

IIRC, there is a Justifiable Homicide clause about "when deadly force is used in prevention of a forcible felony"... so if it's justified to cap the f***er's trash right there, isn't it JUST AS justified to use lesser force options too?
One would think so, but company policy is company policy...

FFL's who willing allow firearms to be stolen, and this would be the case due to company policy of "no touchie the customer or thief", should be forced to forfeit their FFL... Period...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top