JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's the right area. I have hunted on private filbert orchards around there, but mostly south around Dundee.

We used .410 shotguns and were not eating any, just eradicating the little buggers from destroying the crop.

Not really. Most farms are only 50 acres or less. Houses can't be seen and a .410 just plain works.
One old timer trick is to toss your hat to the back side of the tree and the squirrel will come around to your side.
We would feed em to the barn cats at the end of the day.

On a side note, those critters are full of fleas.
Have a tight woven bag to put them in.
The first time my friend and I hunted them, we used shotgun hunting vests that you put pheasants/ quail in the back pouches, and after the carcases cooled down we were scratching like mad.

Speaking of fleas. Did you read about the squirrels carrying the plague in SoCal? I've always been at odds with squirrels, I thought I might have been coming around, but this seals the deal. They're dirty GD rodents that steal my nuts, throw **** at me, and play chicken with cars to drive peoples' insurance rates up. It irks me not just a little when I wander around a park or campus and see people feeding the things. You sit down to have lunch and the next thing you know there's this giant furry tub-of-lard wheezing as it stares at you and the sandwhich you thought you were going to eat outside since the weather is still nice on your lunchbreak. Just staring. Cheeks are puffed out because of edema from his little squirrel diabeetus, not for having anything in his mouth. Just wheezing. And staring. o.o

Anyway, that's gotta be some special 50 acres that there's not a safe shot with a .22? 40 ft across and 10 miles long maybe? Especially if you're within range to toss your hat at them... I obviously haven't drawn a free body diagram of the situation, I'm sure it would become clearer.

I eat the squirrels I shoot around my place. My wife freaked out when she read about the squirrels having plague in cali... lol. MMMMmmmm I Love some squirrel pot pie! Squirrel Caesar salad cant be beat with a stick...

My restaurant will offer only the finest quality rodentia tenderized by viral hemhorragic fevers gleaned from the lab coats of BSL-4 facilities around the world. This evening's special will be eastern red squirrel tenderized through and through with Marburg virus, seasoned with lemon and oregano and served in a light gravy with rice pilaf and sweet carrots. YOLO

my old rottie could jump 7' easily before arthritis - she used to grab the little squirrel buggers out of the tree in the back yard when they would throw fruit at her. She never broke the skin, just crunched them till they were flat furry frisbees - looked like soggy road kill when she was done. I shot one out of the trees one day and she had no interest in that one - guess she only wanted revenge served fresh and hot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top