JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a "Sporterized" Remington 1903-A3. I have other hunting rifles so I don't really need it for hunting. How can I find the current market/trade value for this rifle? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it has had any metal work done to it. Scope mount holes, barrel cut down, bolt modified, etc. you can not return it to military and reap the collectors value of the rifle. If it has not you have two options you can buy a new military style stock and a bunch of metal parts and make it LOOK like its in Military condition. That will bring the value up to maybe $450-500.00 Or you can search out a proper matching stock and all the proper matching metal and then after spending upwards of 300.00 to 350.00 on these parts you can assemble a rifle that is Military and looks and is made out of the parts it should have. In this condition you might get $600-650.00 for it.

As it is its worth about $300.00-350.00 depending on the actual condition of the weapon. Thats a nice looking stock which will help sell it.

Classic example of a custom build from the '03 action. It can not be returned to military condition. Both front and rear sights have been shaved, barrel cut and I assume it's been drilled and tapped for scope mounts.

It's a nice rifle but there are a lot of these on Gunbroker and getting over $250 may be pushing it. If it was built by a "NAME'" gunsmith it well have some additional value.

Pretty darned good work and very clean. Are we seeing scope mounts/drilling/receiver sight?

There is a good market for these worked '03's if the work is good. If the work is less than stellar, it either becomes an action or junk.

The displayed bluing is quite remarkable. Any history?

To trade or sell you just post a thread in the classifieds here.

That's a darn nice looking rifle and one that I would like to own.