JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mainly just curiosity, though possible practical application: what is the smallest, double-action revolver that is at least someone available? I realize that is a bit vague; current or recent production would, naturally, fit. Those made in yesteryear, but still floating around the used market would too. Some weird, very low production, piece from like a century ago would not. Beyond that, of any manufacture, in any caliber, would fit, as long as it is a double-action revolver.

Thanks and enjoy.

S&W 43C. 8-Round .22LR. Weighs nothing, very small, great sights. I own tons of revolvers and it's one of my favorites. Great with Federal Punch Ammo. They make the same thing in a 7-Round .22WMR (I own this too), model 351C. Both if these models are concealed hammer double action only, but they do make both versions in a SA/DA with traditional hammers.

Last Edited:
S&W AIRLITE I've got one that weighs just under 12 oz. 5 Shots in .357 mag. Ouch, it the muzzle flash and the bullet doesn't kill em, the noise it makes will.

Before the J-Frame, there was a different S&W small frame revolver, the I-Frame. I believe the only difference from the "J" was cylinder and frame length.
That's about the smallest revolver that I know of, but I can't believe there isn't something a little smaller without being as shrunk as the NAA revolvers!

Taurus-380-UL-Revolver-770.jpg
Taurus offered a .380 ,which featured a very short cylinder.
Not sure if currently in production.

The Taurus View

Introduced at 2014 Shot Show.

38 special.

1" barrel.

3-1/2 high.

Couldn't find info about weight.

Clear side-plate on right side.

AHND14-TAURUS-2.jpg
AHND14-TAURUS-1.jpg

Hard to find information about this revolver. I'm assuming that since it was such a weird revolver, it didn't sell and was discontinued almost immediately. But it is incredibly small for a 38 special.

Here's a link to a review by Massad Ayoob. All pictures I posted here are from that article.

Below is a picture comparing size between The View and a Taurus 856 (38 special, 5 shot), which, in and of itself, is pretty small.

AHND14-TAURUS-8.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews