JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a .62 caliber northwest trade gun coming my way soon and I was wondering. This is a question to anyone who owns such a gun or something similar like a Kentucjky rifle. I want to put a sling on it but it doesn't come with swivels. Those of you who have put slings on your flintlocks or percussion guns, how did you do it?

Matt there are a number of different ways to do this. If your rifle didn't come with sling swivels then obviously you can go that route and install period correct sling swivels.

OR...you can go more primitive traditional and do what a lot of frontiersmen/women did and that is something like this...take a high grade piece of leather which is flexible but strong and cut and rig it like shown on this Shiloh Sharps 50-70. You get 100 extra points if you recognize the person's thumb holding the rifle while I took the photos!!!! He is well known in the defensive firearms community...anyway I digress...

Butt Stock wrap.... Bottom of stock or Toe of Butt is up because the sling hangs down normally.

Forearm...

sling1-1.jpg sling2-1.jpg sling3-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews