JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So Stella, are you related to the victim? You being a new member with 2 posts and your wording in you posts seems to me that you know more to the story.

So being how you never answered my question I will take that as a yes and that there's more to the story that your not telling.

Either way, someone who has a history of drug arrests doesnt have the greatest creditability. And I don't care who you are, opening up the door at 3 am without looking or being aware is just plain stupid.

Stella, nice deflection but you have still failed to respond to the comment by police that the woman/victim has a history of drug arrests...

I'm sorry she got shot, but if she is running in these circles then she has increased her personal level of risk.

Peter

OK,Trolls, I wasn't going to post again. Replying to trolls is not something I usually do. But ...this is my comment about the article that most of you are stuck on and claim I am not responding to questions directly related to it....or believing it to be the only truth about the victim.
FOR THE LAST TIME-I HAVE READ THE ARTICLE! I HAVE READ AT LEAST 30 MORE. HAVE ANY OF YOU TAKEN THE TIME TO READ ANYTHING ELSE OR IS THIS YOUR ONLY SOURCE??
THE FOX STORY IS THE ONLY ONE OUT OF OVER 30 REPORTS THAT MENTION DRUGS! DON'T YOU THINK OTHER MEDIA REPORTS WOULD HAVE SAID THE SAME THING????
DOES FOX HAVE A "SPECIAL SOURCE" ? I THINK NOT. DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THIS IS THE ONLY REPORTER THE POLICE TALKED TO?
IF YOU CHOOSE TO BELIEVE IT OR INTERPRET IT IN A WAY THAT YOU BLAME THE VICTIM THERE'S NOT MUCH i CAN DO ABOUT THAT.
FIND ANOTHER ARTICLE FROM A DIFFERENT SOURCE THAT SAYS WHAT THE ONE YOU KEEP HARPING ABOUT SAYS. LET ME KNOW IF YOU DO.
I know what it means to write in caps so don't start in about that.

Thank you titsonritz and hermannr.

Just for the record, the QFox article is the only media source that says that. Did it ever occur to any of you that police may know someone because of a domestic violence situation?
The article that started this thread is incorrect. She was not airlifted to Harborview due to weather conditions. She was taken to a hospital in Olympia.
@mjbskwim Duh? There is more than one article/media report. I have read them all.
@ flopsweat "Before you try to defend your blatant ignorance, read this link""Hypocrite" Name calling? Give me a break. I have to laugh at trolls who result to name calling.
There are more reasons than drugs for someone to be up at that time of the morning.I could list a few more of them but you seem to be stuck on the drug thing. Would you expect that someone you know, who comes to your door at that time of the morning, is going to shoot you in the face?
"In the wrong place at the wrong time" is something you may want to consider.
Unless you are directly involved in this investigation you are speculating. I suspect none of you know her. Would you still be spewing this vile crap if she was your friend or family member? I think not.
There is no justification for an act this heinous despite what many of you are saying. The fact that you are blaming the victim for opening the door or accusing her of being a "doper" is beyond comprehension to me. I know there are young children right now who are asking where their mama is. If that doesn't get to you I don't know what will.
Wrong place at the wrong time? She was in her own home. You seem to be rather emotionally invested in this topic. Did you make an account here just to interject your opinion on the subject?
Like it or not: "Police added that they are familiar with the woman and that she has a history of drug arrests." Shelton woman shot, in critical condition; police believe she was targeted | Q13 FOX News
You really can't argue that. She's a junkie, most likely shot by other junkies.

So here is the statement from the Mason County Sheriff's Office on the incident:
NEWS & ALERTS | MASON COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE

"Investigators say the victim is known to the Sheriff's Office and do not believe the shooting was a random act." Let's see what is subsequently discovered or revealed by the Sheriff's office.

Again, I'm sorry this woman was shot and I hope she recovers.

Peter

Can't some of you read? Is your comprehension so low that I need to dumb things down for you? For the last time-(this is my response to the QFox report) The QFox report is one of many and just because most of you seem to believe it does not make it true. I get it-It's the only one you think is creditable. You want to believe the worst-that's on you. I know the victim. I guarantee you she is not a junkie. It's nobody's business why I created an account here. This is not the only firearms forum I belong to but it's the only one that is blaming the victim.

Here are some other reports including the one from the Mason County Sheriff's office.

Mason County Sheriff's report: NEWS & ALERTS | MASON COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE (The agency on the scene and making statements to the press)(click on News and Alerts Mason County Sheriff's Office)
Shelton Woman Shot at Her Front Door, Suspects at Large - Local News -
King 5: Shelton Woman Shot at Her Front Door, Suspects at Large - Local News -
KOMO 4: Woman shot at her Tyler Lane home after she opens door | 911 | Shelton News
Mason County Daily News: <broken link removed>
The Olympian: <broken link removed>
Live report from scene: <broken link removed>

I believe I have now responded to all your questions and concerns.
There are many reasons someone can be "known" to the police. Domestic violence is the first one that comes to mind. I'm "known" to the police for a couple of reasons and none of them are drug related or related to any sort of crime.

I know the victim. I guarantee you she is not a junkie.

Thank you! I've been trying to figure this out admidts all the banter back and forth. If you wouldn't mind Stella, can you give some insite on what you think happened?

Thanks titsonritz for trying to get my question answered.

So we are expected to care about someone who very likely is a thief, either of property or identity.. to finance a drug addiction?

Finding it difficult to work up sympathy after being the victim of such. The old phrase "hoisted on your own petard" comes to mind

I am up a 0320-0330 to go to work. A knock at the door at that time would be answered by me going out the back door with Mr. Mossberg and my wife turning on the outside lights about 15-20 sec. later.

nobody deserves to get shot in such a manner.
Including her attackers?
I'm sorry she got shot, but if she is running in these circles then she has increased her personal level of risk.
AND in an indirect manner has accepted the fact that is can and might happen (violence against her) sort of like implied consent.
I suspect the most sympathy for her situation comes from those who themselves may have had involvement in similar situations. Involvement with drugs, crime etc. seems to parallel the 'victim' mentality, entitlement attitudes and antisocial behavior so the spiral heads downward, never up.

Well, well, well. I see many of you are still on the "she deserved what she got" tangent. Still assuming the worst about her without knowing her and basing your assumption on 1 article out of many. Waiting for her to die so you could continue your rant about her getting what she deserved for any number of reasons that most of you seem to think are valid. Making up scenarios without knowing all the details and, once again, not looking any further than the QFox article. What makes any of you begin to think you know why this happened or the character of the woman who was killed? 1 article that has a statement nobody else used? Is your self-esteem so low you have to stoop to this level to make yourself feel better? What qualifies you to make these statements? Do you think your asinine assumptions make you look smart or cool or tough or savvy or manly? OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE RIGHHT TO BEAR ARMS? You can apply the same logic (making a choice to be around bad people, a life style that places you in danger, et...) to any LE officer who loses thier life in the line of duty. Like you said, they must deserve it because they choose to be involved with the worst of the worst and place themselves in danger by the nature of how they lived their lives. That is how unbalanced your logic is. What makes you assume that she didn't know the people on the other side of the door? She would not have opened the door to someone she did not know. Sympathy for her situation? How can you not. A woman is dead for reasons that are not yet known, 4 children don't have a mom, and a community is grieving. Victim mentality? Well here's yet another person who seems to know everything. The standard you promote here, based on your comments, is that some people deserve to be murdered and some don't. Must feel real good to be sitting as both judge and jury. You are making excuses for murder and the people who did this and you are picking on a dead woman. How sick is that? Your lack of conscience is disturbing.

Well, well, well. I see many of you are still on the "she deserved what she got" tangent. Still assuming the worst about her without knowing her and basing your assumption on 1 article out of many. Waiting for her to die so you could continue your rant about her getting what she deserved for any number of reasons that most of you seem to think are valid. Making up scenarios without knowing all the details and, once again, not looking any further than the QFox article. What makes any of you begin to think you know why this happened or the character of the woman who was killed? 1 article that has a statement nobody else used? Is your self-esteem so low you have to stoop to this level to make yourself feel better? What qualifies you to make these statements? Do you think your asinine assumptions make you look smart or cool or tough or savvy or manly? OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE RIGHHT TO BEAR ARMS? You can apply the same logic (making a choice to be around bad people, a life style that places you in danger, et...) to any LE officer who loses thier life in the line of duty. Like you said, they must deserve it because they choose to be involved with the worst of the worst and place themselves in danger by the nature of how they lived their lives. That is how unbalanced your logic is. What makes you assume that she didn't know the people on the other side of the door? She would not have opened the door to someone she did not know. Sympathy for her situation? How can you not. A woman is dead for reasons that are not yet known, 4 children don't have a mom, and a community is grieving. Victim mentality? Well here's yet another person who seems to know everything. The standard you promote here, based on your comments, is that some people deserve to be murdered and some don't. Must feel real good to be sitting as both judge and jury. You are making excuses for murder and the people who did this and you are picking on a dead woman. How sick is that? Your lack of conscience is disturbing.

I know nothing about this woman except that she was shot by someone and that it was reported that police was "aware" of her, which can mean lots of things. Heck in a small enough town it could mean tnat she was someone who got oulled ovet for speeding a lot. It could mean that she has a restraining order against someone, or that she was a well known criminal. I don't know so I will not judge.
What I do know is that there is an armed man out there who was willing to assasinate someone.

Stella, since you know the victim, perhaps you can fill in the void of information and tell us about her.

if you know her why not just tell us why she's "known" to police?

Stella, since you know the victim, perhaps you can fill in the void of information and tell us about her.

Good luck.... With my repeated attempts to get this thread back on track it appears that Stella want to argue instead of tell her side of the story.

At this point, this thread is pointless. I'm out..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top