JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I handled one in the LGS Tuesday. The Matte black looks like a rust nursery in waiting. Reminiscent of Springfield's milspec 1911 ( which, otherwise, is a fantastic gun for the price)
I never liked flat matte. If I did have a gun like that I'd probably use a wax and heat on it unless of course stainless was underneath.

I handled one in the LGS Tuesday. The Matte black looks like a rust nursery in waiting. Reminiscent of Springfield's milspec 1911 ( which, otherwise, is a fantastic gun for the price)
The whole gun was very dry and took to the Break free wipe down. Both inside and out. I'll keep an eye on it but don't really have a problem with a light oil wipe down to keep it running and preserve the finish. It's not a Glock after all.

I bought my SA-35 a few months back and shot it a bunch immediately. I don't have a lot of experience shooting a variety of pistols, but this one beats the heck out of any of the cheap plastic ones I have bought or shot. I feel like the take up on the trigger is a little more than I would want after watching the results of some fancy trigger jobs I see on the Tube of You, but I may or may not do that down the road. It seems to be about the same as my 1911 so at least the familiarity is there. I have solid medium hands and I have not been bitten or even nibbled by he hammer. I find the pistol more accurate than I am, but I can shoot it with terminal accuracy at appropriate self defense distances, either aimed shots or fast bang bang mode. I am not a fan of MY safety, it seems less "clickier" than I want it to be to feel super comfortable carrying cocked and locked, I prefer my bone stock 1991A1's safety for that. My grip tended to make me feel like i was going to hit the magazine release as a result of my somewhat long thumb, but I corrected that by resting my thumb on the little ledge provided by the grips that my 1973 C Series HP does not have. In comparing the slide rack of the S-35 to my OGHP, I find it within about 90% of my OG's slide rack. And that is like BUTTER or ball bearings. It unbelievable how nice my OG pistol runs. I love the SA-35, its a hoot to shoot and super fun to finger bang.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top