JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got out to the range today and put my RO in a Ransom Rest for some ammo trials. First up is some 200 gr hardball with 4.6 gr of Bullseye, not very awe inspiring:

springer46.jpg

Next up is something more inline with an actual target load, 200 LSWC with 3.8 gr Bullseye, a little more like what we're looking for:

springer38.jpg

Lastly, we change the previous load to 200 gr LSWC and 4.0 gr Bullseye, now we're talking something we can work with:

springer40.jpg

I'm going to drop in a new bushing and work up some other load combinations and we'll give this another try down the road. Not too bad for a sub $800 gun and definitely a good base gun.

I have used the load of 4 grains of Bullseye behind the 200 swc for many years. This is my target load with enough power to operate a 1911 without changing springs. I have used this load in falling plate matches and steel matches. What pistol are you using?

According to the boys in the "does anyone care about Glock" thread, your gun shouldn't feed a SWC bullet.:s0114:

I've seen the Range Officer advertisements and thought it looked like it would be a good pistol. Sure looks like it shoots well.

I did a little work to my RO and had some time for load development. Back to the ransom rest for some 5 shot groups at 25 yards. I shot the range of loads I had, and then repeated the process to be sure that the results were repeatable. The powder was Bullseye and the bullet was a 200 gr. LSWC. The results of the exercise are below:

4.4 gr. Bullseye
44a.jpg 44b.jpg

4.2 gr. Bullseye
42a.jpg 42b.jpg

4.0 gr Bullseye
40a.jpg 40b.jpg

3.8 gr. Bullseye
38a.jpg 38b.jpg

3.6 gr. Bullseye
36a.jpg 36b.jpg

Looks like 3.6 gr. of Bullseye will work just fine for this gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top