JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, just found this neat site. Ran across a S&W Mod.51 a couple of days ago that I can buy but don't know what a fair price would be, also very little info on the net about this Mod. Gun is probably 95%-98% condition, 3 1/2" barrel,22 MRF cal., grips are factory # to gun with diamond center. I know that most S&W revolvers are good guns but wondering why this mod. is not turning up on the internet or must not have been popular.
Any information or input would be great.
Thanks, Shotgun-2.

Hi, just found this neat site. Ran across a S&W Mod.51 a couple of days ago that I can buy but don't know what a fair price would be, also very little info on the net about this Mod. Gun is probably 95%-98% condition, 3 1/2" barrel,22 MRF cal., grips are factory # to gun with diamond center. I know that most S&W revolvers are good guns but wondering why this mod. is not turning up on the internet or must not have been popular.
Any information or input would be great.
Thanks, Shotgun-2.
I have two 651 Smiths which is the stainless version of the 51. I've seen the 51s go for $400-$550 in the condition you describe, diamond grips if original to the gun, means it's an older model and if in 98% that's a big plus. I really enjoy my 651s, but be prepared, extremely loud and a cool 3' muzzle flash......:s0155:

Thanks for the info, looks like I should buy this clean little S&W. Grips are serial numbered to gun so are original. Based on lack of responce to thread I'm guessing this Mod. is kind of scarce.

As far as muzzel blast goes, I got a Grindel P 30 and also shoot a 10" T/C chambered in Rem .223 so the Mod. 51 should be a blast too.

Thanks for the reply, Shotgun-2

Thanks for the info, looks like I should buy this clean little S&W. Grips are serial numbered to gun so are original. Based on lack of responce to thread I'm guessing this Mod. is kind of scarce.

As far as muzzel blast goes, I got a Grindel P 30 and also shoot a 10" T/C chambered in Rem .223 so the Mod. 51 should be a blast too.

Thanks for the reply, Shotgun-2

I believe you'll really enjoy the m51, if you want more info or opinions, try the S&W forums, there's a wealth of info over there, they are friendly and willing to help.....:s0155:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/forum.php

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads