Ruger 44 Mag Carbine

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by CVMustang, Aug 24, 2010.

1. CVMustang

CVMustang Member

42   0   0
    Does anyone know how I can find a value on one of these? A guy wants to do a trade with me and he says its worth $1000, but I found a couple on gunbroker and they were around half that. He says his is worth more because its a 1963 model, condition is 8 out of 10. Does anyone know of a website that has gun values? Thank you in advance for any help.
  2. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Member

68   0   0
    I thought that the guns came out in 1969 (Edit: it was actually 1966 for the Carbine ),no wonder why he thinks it's special :D
    Take a look at prices of guns that have sold across the country that compare in condition,do a price avaerage and go from there.
    RK

Now if it is the Deerstalker,it was introduced in 1959/60 IIRC. Years later Ruger changed the name to the .44 carbine.
  3. CVMustang

CVMustang Member

42   0   0
    Oops, yes it is the deerstalker. The serial # is just over 73000, according to a website I found, that does make it 1963.
  4. Nelson

Nelson New Member

3   0   0
    I have one the same vintage and also about an 8 to 9. I thought it was valued around $600 give or take. The older ones are more sought after in good condition. I have never seen one even near 1k.
  5. Correctthought

Correctthought Member

0   0   0
    My opinion: so take it with a grain of salt: 1K is a bit rich for this gun; I wouldn't pay more than 450-600 for it.

Saw one for sale on the classifieds here, forget who had it up.

IMPORTANT; not basing my opinion on any value guides, just its one of the guns I follow cause I like it.
  6. clamman

clamman New Member

0   0   0
    My dad has one. Don't remember the year (late 60's) but he paid $99.00 for it brand new. It will be mine someday. I was told it was worth $400
  7. lucky guy

lucky guy Member

8   0   0
    FWIW I sold a real nice one about a year ago. Took a couple weeks to get $550 for it, so that was probably a fair price for it then. Probably not much different now, a little less if anything. :twocents:
  8. BillM

BillM Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

13   0   0
    Thirtieth edition Blue Book:

44 standard carbine, mfg 1961-1985. 80% $275

44 Standard Carbine marked Deerstalker. 3,750 made
    until Ithaca lawsuit discontinued manufacture (1962)

80% $550 (100% $925)