JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought a brand new Rossi r92 a few weeks ago. Haven't had the opportunity to fire it yet. Was cycling the action when I noticed missing material along the relief of the bolt that slides into the receiver. I contacted the shop I bought it from and they basically advised me to send it into Rossi directly. As Rossi's customer service is stuff of legend (not in the good way) I told them that having me ship an unfired gun straight back to the manufacturer (where they are known to sit on it for 4-5 months) after spending close to a grand on it didn't exactly fill me with hope for future purchases at that shop. They're currently seeing what they can do. I attached a pic. If it isn't that big of an issue then honestly I'm fine with it. I know being rough out of the factory is part of Rossi's "charm" but if its an actual safety concern I obviously want to take care of this before I use it. Looking for any input on this.

IMG_20220414_191514.jpg

I've had a new gun that had to take a trip back to ruger. They made it right though. Also a Winchester shotgun that had to get worked on before I could shoot it. Once the 4473 is done the gun is yours, but I can understand the frustration of having a new gun that has to go back.

What irritates me is that the only way I would have discovered the issue would have been if I stripped the gun at the counter, which they don't let you do. I understand it's my issue now though.

If the store can facilitate the return for repair in their dime and time do that.

Don't know why Rossi can't just ship you a new bolt? Shouldn't have to send the entire gun in.
I also just purchased a new Rossi 92 .357 caliber. Wanted a Henry but could not find one. DO have the Henry Frontier octogon barrel 22 cal, great firearm, nice smooth precise action.
Now the Rossi, a whole different story, wanna see some fine precision work check out the lever on my Rossi (pict attached). That is how it came new, unfired out of the box. I disassembled cause i was wondering about the extreme side to side play in the lever action. This is a hack fitting job done with a coarse stone bench grinder of all things. I'm waiting to see what Rossi is gonna do, all i want is a replacement lever

lever_02_01.JPG

Don't know why Rossi can't just ship you a new bolt? Shouldn't have to send the entire gun in.
I also just purchased a new Rossi 92 .357 caliber. Wanted a Henry but could not find one. DO have the Henry Frontier octogon barrel 22 cal, great firearm, nice smooth precise action.
Now the Rossi, a whole different story, wanna see some fine precision work check out the lever on my Rossi (pict attached). That is how it came new, unfired out of the box. I disassembled cause i was wondering about the extreme side to side play in the lever action. This is a hack fitting job done with a coarse stone bench grinder of all things. I'm waiting to see what Rossi is gonna do, all i want is a replacement lever

View attachment 1384091
Wow! I bet even I could do better

Bought a brand new Rossi r92 a few weeks ago. Haven't had the opportunity to fire it yet. Was cycling the action when I noticed missing material along the relief of the bolt that slides into the receiver. I contacted the shop I bought it from and they basically advised me to send it into Rossi directly. As Rossi's customer service is stuff of legend (not in the good way) I told them that having me ship an unfired gun straight back to the manufacturer (where they are known to sit on it for 4-5 months) after spending close to a grand on it didn't exactly fill me with hope for future purchases at that shop. They're currently seeing what they can do. I attached a pic. If it isn't that big of an issue then honestly I'm fine with it. I know being rough out of the factory is part of Rossi's "charm" but if its an actual safety concern I obviously want to take care of this before I use it. Looking for any input on this.

View attachment 1178254
Dang, that's some shoddy workmanship. I've had a ruger mark III and Zastava AK with bad tool marks inside (likely from worn out tooling) but nothing like that. Yikes!

Since i made a post here on a defective Rossi part, or at least extremely poor workmanship (see above), I thought i would update.
I called em and only wanted them to send me a replacement part....no can do....Only way was for me to return the firearm to them, they did pay shipping costs for good on them.
After over two months I finally called for an update.
Well they could not source/acquire a replacement lever, ok, i said instead of gold lever gimme a black one, i don't care, nope they could not come up with a black lever either....so they offered to replace the firearm entirely and destroy the old one. but said it could take up to 6 weeks....geesh.
Apparently the Rossi firearm "fixit" center has no access to any parts...huh?
I know buyers/consumers have literally no access to buy parts for a Rossi (other than very few) rule of thumb is to buy a second one for parts.
Now i gotta go thru the 4473 process all over again, IF the replacement ever gets to my FFL.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top