Rose City Gun Show May 18th and 19th.......sound off!!!

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by coctailer, May 9, 2013.

1. coctailer

coctailer Moderator Staff Member

186   0   0
    Who's in the the show?

I'll be there with Knights Armament rifles, Glocks, Glock mags, Silencers, and other ninja stuff.

Come by and say "Hi":cool:
  2. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Well-Known Member

2   0   0
    I would, except I'll be in Klamath Falls on Saturday and the ARPC machine gun shoot on Sunday.
  3. mrblond

mrblond Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

7   0   0
    I plan on going. not sure which day though.
  4. JBlack02187

JBlack02187 Member

0   0   0
    I'll be there on Saturday.
  5. Dapapadon

Dapapadon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

12   0   0
    Machine gun shoot for me!:D
    parallax and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Uberdillo

Uberdillo Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

20   0   0
    It looks like there's gonna be a bit of competition with the Albany shoot and there's not much advertising. What's the turnout normally like for Wes's show?
  7. Peteralexander78

Peteralexander78 Slow is smooth, smooth is fast Bronze Supporter

19   0   0
    Will be there!
  8. Bones13

Bones13 Member

0   0   0
    The hubby and I are going on Sunday(my bday w00t w00t)!
  9. unionguy

unionguy Active Member

31   0   0
    Does anyone know if someone will have some bulk 20-round AR mags, like 30-40? Preferably metal. If so, how much are they going for? thanks.
  10. thirtycal

thirtycal Active Member

1   0   0
    I was at the show. Surprisingly light attendance. Very light in fact. I rolled in at about 9:10am and there was literally no line. I've never seen that happen before.

Of course, ammo was all overpriced. Lots of guns though, for reasonable prices... Except the $3300 Colt AR-15 sporter. I guess he didn't get the memo that gun prices are falling.

I was on the lookout for some reasonable .22LR, and nearly every table that had it, was asking $60 per brick of 500 (or 550 depending upon mfgr). Some tables were asking up to $75. I did, however, manage to catch a table right when he was opening up. He had some great old stuff he was pulling out some containers so I asked if he had .22LR. He pulled this out:

[​IMG]

He wanted $50 but took $30. Vintage CCI Minimag. It's all copperwashed and in little 50rd boxes. Good stuff!

Also, the hot chick Ammo girl (you all know who I'm talking about) had PMAG's for $11 (or 12 I can't remember). Anyway they were relatively cheap so I bought two since all of my AR mags are military STANAGs and I was a little worried I'd never get any when they were trading hands for $40 recently:

[​IMG]

Also, I just caught this guy pulling out a factory GSG 110rd drum mag. These are hard to find, even online (Gbroker prices well north of $100). I already had one, so I didn't buy it, but I thought this was a good price:

[​IMG]

Oh well hopefully one of my gun brothers picked this up.

Overall it was a good show. I saw an old fella (70+) who was having a hard time physically getting up out of the chair after signing the paperwork pick up what I believe was a Barrett .50 cal all set up in a Pelican case. I don't think he was going to be able to carry it, but he seemed happy. That 'a boy!

-Thirtycal
  11. mrblond

mrblond Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

7   0   0
    no pic of the hot ammo chick? I ended up getting a Sig p238 as a BUG. very sweet little pistol. Ammo prices were high but there was ammo unlike other shows.
    Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  12. captqc

captqc Active Member

31   0   0
    I made it Sunday afternoon and it was very lightly attended, it was good to see prices (except ammo) getting back to "normal" like P-Mags for 10.99. Some guys hadn't got the word and were asking nutty prices for mags but they might have paid too much during the insanity phase. AR's were as low as $649.