JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rimfire Rifle Scope - Which one is the Best?

I just purchased a Ruger 10/22 Target rifle (Target Model). I want to get a good scope at a fair price. From what I have seen from searching, they are all over the board in price. I'd like to stay uder $200.00.

So what do you use, and would you recomend it?

I have a barska 4-12x50 30mm scope on my 10-22. It was 90.00 from midway. It is an awsome scope for the money- super clear and really bright. It also had a red dot feature that you can turn on/off. It also comes with rings.

Barska Euro-30 Pro Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 3-12x 50mm Illuminated 4A Dot Reticle Matte - MidwayUSA

DSCN2679.jpg

I have gone thru two. one was Simmons wide angle 44 3-10 parrelax adj. to 150 yrds. fuzzy at 50 yrds. So then I got an adj. objective Simmons Whitetail wide angle 6.5X20 that works great except the gun shoots one fly at 50 yrds. and the crosshairs 'x' will cover a herd of flies at 50yrds. ??? Might have to go with my straight 6x Burris HBR target dot.
Scopes aren't fun to sell. 1/2 $$ price is good to get for used scopes. errrr.

I put a Simmons 22mag 3X9 on my 22 for $40 at Warehouse sports. There isn't enough recoil to worry much with a scope on a 22/22mag. Just how often are you going to be out in the inclement weather with it?

I also wanted to scope my 10/22 because I want to attend an Appleseed and they recommend a scoped 22, so I just ordered from Cheaper Than Dirt a Leapers a UTG 6X32 Scope - http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=SCP-086 only $29.97 and a DNZ Game Reaper one piece scope mount with rings - http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=58742 the mount was twice what the scope costs but should result in a solid base with less chance of loosening. The rings are an integral part of the base which attaches with 4 screws on the receiver. Even if the Chinese imported scope proves to be junk the base can be used for any 1" scope I choose for a replacement.

I have a 10/22 target in a fajen legacy adj stock. I'm using the ruger rail, Burris signature zee rings and a mueller apv. I'm very happy with the combo. If you want a lot of info on modding your 10/22 check out rimfire central.

I ended up moving my Simmons Pro hunter 6-18x40 A.O from my Savage .223 to the new rifle. I can't say enough about the Ruger Target, the heavy barrel makes a world of difference. The scope took some work to mount, I ended up using the risers from a ORC Bushmaster, but it works great. I was shooting half inch groups at 50 yards in the wind. I could actually see the bullet hit. I may change the mount, but the scope which is over kill for sure, is so clear and bright, it will be great for Sage rats. Thanks to everyone who replied.
1022-t.jpg

1022-t.jpg

Another + for the Mueller APV

best price I've found and great company to deal with.
Mueller APV 4.5X14 40MM SCOPES

Looks like a good Deal - Thanks!

Hey guys,

Im new to this forum. Im strongly considering getting an ISSC MK22 rimfire .22 for plinking on the cheap and staying sharp. Its a fun little toy. Im wondering of all the scopes you guys are talkign about what you would suggest for this: red dot, affordable BSA sweet, or the Mueller APV that is favorably mentioned a lot.

I also have an interesting tactical stock (RONI) that converts my Beretta PX4 into a carbine. So Id like a short, affordable optics solution that will fit both affordable rifles. I have not used a red dot but am open to that.

Saving the big bucks for my Tikka T3 scope when the time is right. Any word on a second hand scope for that while Im at it?

Thank you and welcome. To me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top