Rich's Gun Shop in Donald, OR

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews' started by ZombieAssassin, Nov 27, 2008.

1. ZombieAssassin

ZombieAssassin Member

8   0   0
    zz
  2. mudslinging79

mudslinging79 Member

0   0   0
    used him for mounting a scope once, found his turn around was a lil long, and he seemed grumpy that day.
  3. Doubletap

Doubletap Well-Known Member

158   0   0
    Been there several times.. Last time to inquire about some "smithing"..their attitude is totally unfriendly..and arrogant.. For the project I was inquiring about..he wanted my weapon for two weeks..and $175.. Found another smith..who did a very professional job..overnight..for $25.. That about sums it up..in my book..
  4. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Member

68   0   0
    The guy got the biz from his family,who originally had it in Lake O.
    Too bad he didn't get his fathers customer service skills,for each time i have been in there his attitude is very poor.
    Doubt if i will ever go back.
  5. mudslinging79

mudslinging79 Member

0   0   0
    i been in there when he was in lo, i liked the shop then. since he moved i tried him once, and wasnt too happy. now i lean towards allison cary
  6. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Member

68   0   0
    Last time i went into Rich's it was to ask about having a rifle rebarreled.
    As soon as he told me he only uses Douglas barrels,and no one elses,i headed for the door.
  7. Ballistic

Ballistic Active Member

5   0   0
    Went there once to check it out. I was having problems with my PSL-54 side rail and asked them if this was the type of thing they worked on. The guy there not only didn't know what i was talking about, he didn't seem interested in understanding, and simply said "Bring it in and we'll take a look." Not particularly friendly and didn't inspire any confidence.
  8. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Well-Known Member

37   0   0
    I would not take a BB gun their. It's like taking a long drive and ending up at the Gun Room.
  9. tyghguy

tyghguy New Member

2   0   0
    H has done a good job for me in the past I knew his dad also lately his prices have gotten out of hand I would like to try someone else any suggestions?
  10. The Duck

The Duck Active Member

13   1   0
    I have never been there, but called once looking for a M9A1. He seemed pretty nice, but our conversation was only 60 seconds...
  11. NWMoss

NWMoss Member

5   0   0
    Took my Norinco there that i am looking for parts for - instead of ordering new parts he tried to "fix" the extractor pin (welded it). Worked for 6 rounds and then broke. Ordered a new extractor pin myself for 1/3 of what he charged me to "fix" it and am looking for a new slide. At least he is willing to try and fix firearms, but I would have much preferred if he had ordered parts. Didn't warm up to me too much either. Can't say anything negative, just relating my own experience and preference.

tyghguy - I've recently been referred to Johnny at the Shooter's Service Center in St. John's area - might need an introduction to get in to see him though.
  12. SquackDaddy

SquackDaddy Member

27   0   0
    I avoid Rich's gun shop like the plague. Unfriendly. Know-it-all. NO customer service skills. Uninterested in helping you in any way. Can you say HIGH PRICES??? I also call their so called "gunsmithing" expertise into question.

I wouldln't send an enemy there.
  13. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Active Member

2   0   0
    There...
  14. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Active Member

63   0   0
    I can't say that this doesn't tell me everything I really need to know. I'm still laughing.................
  15. nvs

nvs Member

16   0   0
    Had a scope bore sighted for $10 at Rich's. Wouldn't hit paper at 25 yards. Gave him the benefit of the dought and took a Ruger SA to have a grip frame swapped. Said it would be no problem. A week later went to pick it up and frame fit poorly but could machine fit it for a fee above the $60 already. Asked to have the original frame put back on and charged me $90 more. Cost me a $150 for him to learn that grip frames need to be fitted and not just changed. Over priced and under skilled IMHO.