JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
no84hacksaw.jpg
You said it's a spare waterfowl gun right?

When you're done with the tool above, use it for birds in tight above the decoys.

And hope the perps don't hit your house while you're gone duck hunting, and your wife is home alone.

BTW, isn't the choke on that 30" barrel a full?
If so, you don't want to shoot steel out of it anyway, the one I had was a lead-shot era gun.
By the time you pay a smith to ream it to Modified, you could probably buy a new one anyway.

CDNN sports has a 18.5" barrel that will fit a Wingmaster 2 3/4" or 3" for $69.95 I bought one maybe 3-4 months ago. Nice looking blued brass beadsight. They are currently overwhelmed and have their web site shut down. You might check back in a week or two when they get caught up.

Get a hold of Mr. 870 himself, J. D. McGuire of AI&P Tactical! J.D. is the 870 God.

A new factory Remington bead-sighted 18-inch barrel for your 870 is about $106 or so IIRC. For a few bucks more you could probably get the above barrel in a nice blue finish (for a blued 870P) that would come close to matching the finish on your Wingmaster.

Any way you look at it, an 870 is an 870 is an 870 be it a Wingmaster, Police or Express and with the 2 3/4-inch chamber or marked as a Magnum or a Super Magnum. Its only a few parts that are different between the bunch and the finish on them (the Super Mag does have a bigger hole in the side). They're all 870s. So, if you come across a barrel you like for an 870 Express or 870 Police, it will fit your Wingmaster. Now, with that said, Remington has started selling new 870s with a longer than "normal" magazine tube. Still an 870, but the barrel it come with (and needs) has the ring that goes around the magazine tube further forward on the barrel. These barrels won't work on "normal" 870s nor will the "normal" 870 barrel work on these guns. Don't imagine it is for the OP to worry about though. If I were in his shoes I'd keep the 30-inch barrel that came with the gun just as-is and pick up one of the above mentioned 18-inch blued barrels off an 870P from J. D. to keep on the gun for Homeland Security duty.

And thus, the Saga of Ruby Ridge began.:s0131:
Hey, I'm not advocating anything near that short.
But he's got to do something about that full choke before he puts a steel full-house goose load through it and turns it into something resembling a blunderbuss!
Besides, a 26" cylinder barrel should come in handy for close range birds over the dekes, with #2 or #4 steel.

CDNN sports has a 18.5" barrel that will fit a Wingmaster 2 3/4" or 3" for $69.95 I bought one maybe 3-4 months ago. Nice looking blued brass beadsight. They are currently overwhelmed and have their web site shut down. You might check back in a week or two when they get caught up.

I believe they are taking phone orders....

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews