JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up some of my pieces that I had refinished by a local gunsmith who specializes in KG GunKote, Parkerizing and plating. I have heard a lot about his work and even had the opportunity to look at some of his work on co-workers guns and some that he had on hand and was totally impressed. After about a 40 minute drive, I arrive at his shop and got the grand tour. Awesome facility! Anyway, within a week, I picked up the pieces I had left and went home one happy camper! I chose a finish as close to INOX and as you can see, it's a pretty good match. I even had My G20 slide nickel plated and it also came out just beautifully!

<broken link removed>

The frames are now assembled and completed plus a freshly nickel plated G17 and my two-tone Sig P220 Sport. All refinished locally by Dave at Southridge Arms (click on the banner above) Thanks Dave!

+1 for Dave over at South Ridge

He recently did one of my pistols for me too. I think he used the "brushed stainless color"......outstanding guy to deal with:s0155:

YEAH, I'm a Beretta freak.......

BEFORE

AFTER

Nice collection. On the G17 what is the black piece behind the slide release, and also when the "film" of gunkote or nickle plating is done on the slide is it just the exterior surfaces.

when the "film" of gunkote or nickle plating is done on the slide is it just the exterior surfaces.

it can be i suppose, but i asked him to completely strip mine down and shoot EVERYTHING with gunkote to include all the internals minus the rear sight, springs and sear...i think its safe to say he can do anything you want:)

Nice collection. On the G17 what is the black piece behind the slide release, and also when the "film" of gunkote or nickle plating is done on the slide is it just the exterior surfaces.

Thanks!...The piece on the rear of the G17 is a thumbrest that can easily be removed or installed by a single pin. The entire slide was plated, in and out. Hope this helps..... :)

Just had Dave at Southridge do up a couple 1911s of mine.

First is a Clackamas Kimber, that has a low round count, but had lots of holster wear. So I had to get it refinished, to keep it looking nice. I had him parkerize the whole gun, then ceracoat it with satin black and green.

Next is a home built up 1911, that is an Essex frame, and all GI Remington-Rand parts. It's as close to a real USGI 1911 as I can afford. I had Dave parkerize the whole thing.

Both came out looking great, and I went shooting this past weekend, and put a couple hundred rounds through each gun. In additing to finishing the guns, Dave also polished up the feedramps, and checked them over to make sure all parts are in spec, and working good.

Great job, at a very affordable price, with an excellent turnaround time. Shipped up to Southridge UPS, and returned right to my door UPS. Excellent job Dave. Thanks!!!!

Southridge is a supporting vendor here. You all should throw some business his way.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top