JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi, Just thought I would save some of you some trouble.

I bought a knive (the "Airborne Avenger II") online from assistedknives.com, It came fast, and was VeryWell built for the $$$. I showed my Grandpa and he wanted one, he gave me the $$ so I tried to order another. They were out of stock, so I ended up going with a similar looking knife the Airborne NATO.

It came a few days later, and was a pile of junk, it feels like the springs are about to fall apart, the handle is really heavy, and quality level is way below what I paid for.

so I send the owner an email

This is his reply

I felt there was a little confusion, so I emailed him back, at this point all i want is an exchange...

Here is what the joker sent me:

Talk about customer service!!!!!! Wow! I love it when the owner of a company acts like this.... I will avoid him at all costs!!!!

Wow what a jackass.

The internet let's people do business who shouldn't.

Hi, I ordered a knife a while back (Airbourne Avenger II Black OTF Double Action Switchblade Kit) and it has been my favorite knive, My grandpa liked it, and wanted one so I tried to order it from your webpage and the price had more than doubled, so I got a couple of Airbourne NATO Koncord OTF Double action kinves, and Im very disapointed in them I feel like they will fall apart, I was wondering If I could return these new unused knives for a Airbourne Avenger II Black OTF Double Action Switchblade Kit like I had orginally to give to my grandpa? Thanks- Ian

Your post fails in so many ways..

no returns means no returns, and an exchange isn't turning 2 cheap knives into a more expensive knife. that is a return.

and why did you have to tell the dude about your grandpa??

Nobody is bottlefeeding the OP. The OP made a poor choice of sites to do business with and is paying for it. Now he is passing his experience on to us so that we may avoid this same experience.

Your disapproval of the OP trying to make an exchange when the site clearly states they do not make echanges does not warrent you changing the definition of the word to fit your purpose.

I had a similar problem with a company called Arthur Ciener Company that makes 22 cal conversions for semi autos like 1911, Hi-power, 92F, AR15 etc. I ordered a Browning Hi-Power conversion at more than $300 (no credit/debit cards accepted). His advertisements said it could take up to 60 days to get the product. Well 60 days came and went and no conversion kit. This guy does not have email, and does not return calls or faxes. After many months and no response, I contacted magazines that this person advertises with and told them my experience. No effect/response. I had all but given up, and after about 10 months I finally got the kit. Although I was fairly pleased with the performance of the conversion kit, I would never order from this person again, no matter what the quality, it is just not worth it.

For folks like this, about the only recourse we have is to try to get the word out to others and hope that either (a) they ultimately go out of business (preferably) or (b) they wise up and change their ways before (a) happens -- but don't hold your breath waiting for either to happen. Unfortunately e-commerce seems to bring about the worst in some businesses.

Being a knife collector myself, I can recommend several other companies that I have had good luck with: Edge of the Knife, The Cutlery Shoppe, Robertson's Custom Cutlery, and AG Russel just to name a few very reputable dealers. I have also had fairly positive experiences buying knives on ebay, where some good deals on quality products can be found.

Just - wow.
Even when I was making two bucks an hour at the paint store back in '73, I knew that the Customer is Always Right.

For pete's sake, this guy needs meds and an anger-management class before he blows a gasket. I once knew someone with "borderline personality disorder" who sounded a lot like him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder

Then again, he could be your garden-variety Internet Blowhard who talks smack from the safety of his Mom's basement.

Don't worry I'll keep this ahole busy for awhile and get his hopes up. I suggest others send him some hate mail and reference Ian's response. This should be a lot of fun. Check out his "retard" page. That's really not very nice to make fun of handicapped people. I hope he gets his legs cut off in an accident or something or hit in the head. I'll lead him along up until he needs my credit card and then let him know what's up. I'm going for "bulk prices" so it should really take a few hours for him to work up the "quote"

My quote

I'd like to order large amount of knives - $5,000 min order or so for setting up a small inventory at a gun show. Can you do this or is this too much to handle for a shop of your size?

If you are overseas you need not respond. I have had too many problems with overseas shipments.

i wish i had read reviews about sites before i had purchased from him too. His item descriptions are total BS. I ordered an airbourne thrasher version 1 from him and it came and was fine for about 6 months until the glass breaker got stripped in the thread area and i couldn't re-attach it.... so i purchased an airbourne thrasher version 2 from him and the spring on it was so weak that it wouldn't fully retract and lock in the closed position. He sells replacement parts that he claims are "american-made" and will cause the knife to spring into action and lock guarunteed and uses descriptions like "pure power". The springs he sent me were weaker than the original springs and the knife wouldn't deploy or retract fully... the version 1 and the version 2. and when i tried to ask him to refund my money, he just stopped responding to my emails and ignored me. DO NOT BUY FROM HIM... his items are not as stated on the site one bit. i learned the hard way. sometimes you get what you pay for, now i wish i had spent more money on a microtech in the first place instead of purchasing 2 otf's from him at half the cost that aren't reliable and might fail on me when i need them the most.

1.) Yes, I see how old the thread is but i'm not the one who resurrected it.

2.) So question, was the knife out of stock or did it double in price? Why the need for 2 different stories?

I had a similar problem with a company called Arthur Ciener Company that makes 22 cal conversions for semi autos like 1911, Hi-power, 92F, AR15 etc. I ordered a Browning Hi-Power conversion at more than $300 (no credit/debit cards accepted). His advertisements said it could take up to 60 days to get the product. Well 60 days came and went and no conversion kit. This guy does not have email, and does not return calls or faxes. After many months and no response, I contacted magazines that this person advertises with and told them my experience. No effect/response. I had all but given up, and after about 10 months I finally got the kit. Although I was fairly pleased with the performance of the conversion kit, I would never order from this person again, no matter what the quality, it is just not worth it.

For folks like this, about the only recourse we have is to try to get the word out to others and hope that either (a) they ultimately go out of business (preferably) or (b) they wise up and change their ways before (a) happens -- but don't hold your breath waiting for either to happen. Unfortunately e-commerce seems to bring about the worst in some businesses.

With this thread being brought back to life (lol) I will tangent off about Ceiner - if you think his customer service is bad via phone you should meet him in person! I ran across him at the shot show in Vegas a few years back - The up side to his avoiding people on the phone, etc. is that you don't have to have a conversation with him. We were talking to him about a possible bulk order and asking him what the minimum quantities would be for a price break and he picked up his cell and called someone to BS about their dinner the night before. he finally got off the phone and started talking to us again just to stop and start talking to someone else - never got a straight answer and when someone started asking where their order was he got up and walked away from his booth. I had heard the guy was a pain to deal with but couldnt believe just how bad and after meeting him I'm amazed he is still in business with that kind of attitude.

4. No member of the community can use the website to promote his/her commercial activities/products/services

6. We reserve the right to revoke membership from this community or disable a member's posting ability for any or no reason whatsoever.

Those two I totally understand, so talking as a human being should be allowed and if it is your choice to live in a PC world then that is fine, and when I come to your house and you ask me to adhere to your house rules, that is fine because I am a guest and I understand that.

So if I am able to show respect to your wishes then you guys should be man enough to show the same respect when you come to my house because you are guests in mine just like I was here.

Price to quality is always relative and seems to be an American problem because most Americans think they can act like spoiled brats and scream and cry whenever you feel like. Americans are laughed at and hated by most people on the planet because they are jerks to most people and think they can go around throwing temper tantrums whenever they fell like it and demand everyone to behave PC to them while they misbehave and cry.

See, I am tired of having this image because I don't enjoy it when I go places, and most of you are the cause to this. America gets 3rd and 4th rate goods from China while Europe gets 1st and 2nd rate goods. Yeah, they do pay more for things but their items are not as cheap and poorly made as those sold in America. America is DISPOSABLE with planned obsolescence to everything that is sold inside, from their piss poor made homes with cookie cutter nonsense and their junk products sold to them by Walmart. But there are some of us who don't like that and we buy things MADE IN THE USA, not from companies that use materials bought in China machine parts in China have them shipped to the US and then use illegal immigrants to assemble them either. Because MADE IN THE USA is also a POLLUTED and not TRUE in many cases. So yes, there are huge problems. Then if you don't want to accepted the fact that Americans are thought of as cheap people who buy junk from the world and enjoy it, then change your ways but don't go around crying about it when you buy the cheap stuff and are not satisfied.

You are right there is cheap stuff, but I go out of my way to explain the fact about cheap stuff. It is really funny from an outsider point of view, that only the Americans are the ones that complain about the Cheap products. I have sold things for over 6 years and never has a Canadian, Australian, British, Kiwi, German, French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Portuguese, Chilean, Columbian, Bahamian, Mexican, Swiss, Austrian, Czechoslovakian, Hungarian, Malaysian, Chinese, Thai, Irish, Finish, Slovakian, Georgian, Taiwanese, Korean, and Vietnamese, and a few more I am forgetting as well. None of these people ever complain about quality relative to price, because they understand it.

The only ones to ever complain about things is an American who bought cheap things. The American who buys quality stuff and understands the notions of price to quality never complains either. It is only Americans who have this practice, it is funny in one aspect but makes me sad and angry that this is how they behave.

Cheap items are fine when you understand their place. See I don't really care about most of you guys on here because you are what most of the knife sellers refer to as MALL NINJAS, you are not law enforcement, you are not military, and most of you don't have lives other than talking nonsense about anyone you can because you are still juvenile and childish and you are most likely the Americans that seem to make all of us look bad with the rest of the world.

But the hope is that yeah, I hope it does make you mad and that you learn and change your ways because then we'll all be better off.

So why is there Cheap Stuff that seems to sell. See it is funny law enforcement will always buy expensive items, just how they are, but a firefighter, emt, or rescue worker they don't most times. Now remember it is generalizing and I have 6 years of sales to back this statistical data up as well, with also email to correlate to such findings. Law enforcement will never forget his knife after an accident when he had to cut the person out of the car. Do you know why? Because he views the accident as a scene and can't leave evidence behind and he does his job like a policeman. Nothing wrong with that just a different perspective on interaction and life. Now the Firefighter, EMT, and Rescue workers, they always loose their knives, this is what they tell me, and seeing that I supply fire depts all over the country and they buy low cost, yes, Cheap Stuff, I think it is true. Why would they loose their knives. Well they view the accident differently and are motivated in saving the person who is about to die, and cutting his seatbelt and worrying about the knife is just not on their mind, they are solely attentive to the person who is about to die.

So see I never knew that about Cheap Stuff, see they simply want the knife to work when it is called upon and most times it is going to be for one time or a few till it gets lost so has to have a degree of quality to it but they do not have the intention of this being a life long purchase.

Then you have other guys, who are hunters and fishermen, and they like Cheap Stuff as well, because they abuse it and leave it outside with blood and guts and water and oil and gross things on it, sometimes they get drunk and loose it and drop it in the water.

Then there are other guys, that use the knife as a screwdriver and a pry bar, and misuse it anyway they feel like.

There are many guys and even girls who understand the ideas of Cheap Stuff and that it serves a purpose but there are those who have an un-rational idea that a Cheap Item can perform like a Quality Item, these are the MALL NINJAS of AMERICA because other cultures don't have them. I am not being a jerk either, I have to be fair, I have never had any irrational customer from any of the rest of the world who goes crazy on the Cheap Stuff they bought other than AMERICANS.

Now see the learning should be that Cheap Stuff does have a point to it, but never expect it to be something that it is not because that just ultimately makes you look foolish and childish and if you are looking for something with quality then understand price to quality ratios do exist.

But I will disagree with you on things PRETENDING TO BE MADE IN THE USA, using materials and steel, and hardware and parts not from the US, having things machined, ground, cut, lasered, waterjetted, and cnc'd over in China, or in other countries and then ASSEMBLED IN THE USA by ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS is NOT MADE IN THE USA.

We want to be fair now as well, the Italians got the Americans on this as well. You will buy the lower end Italian Made Stilettos, the parts are machined in China, and put together in Italy, so the same dishonest practice exists outside of America but is more mainstream with the US.

Chinese companies will also buy names of companies like Smith & Wesson, Schrade, Camillus, United and so on because ONCE UPON A TIME they used to be American so they have a following for the MINDLESS SHEEP in America and things are now made in CHINA but those MINDLESS WONDERS don't relate to REALITY TODAY.

Man what a mess. Then comes along a guy who points this stuff out and those MINDLESS SHEEP can't seem to figure it out.

Do you know how most of the AMERICAN COMPANIES went under?

WALMART destroyed a few, the company put in a huge PO and ordered a massive order, the knife manufacturer gave Walmart the price for the order, the knife manufacturer produced the items and then once they were done Walmart changed the price for themselves. Oh yeah, that is how they play. The order was for 8 million dollars, Walmart changes it and tell the knife manufacturer, well we will pay you 3 million. Of course it pisses off the knife company and then what? Lawyers and Court and nonsense, yeah, Walmart was counting on that, their pockets are a lot bigger. Big guys screw over little guys that is how AMERICA seems to think business should be done. It cost more money in lawyers fees, litigation and nonsense then to just simply settle with the bully.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top