JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

---

See what happens when you let guns in national parks? If it was still illegal to bring guns in, this criminal would have complied, and this never would have happened.

Sorry for the Rangers Family.
Sounds like the person had some past legal issues?? To take that action.
Hope they capture him. From the description I could not tell if they thought he was still in the park or not.
If he is - it should be a long cold night

Right - criminals comply with the law. You must be joking.

Apparently the Ranger has been pronounced dead. 34 year old Margaret Anderson, survived by two small children.

The hunt is apparently still on, and shots are being heard from the forest. Pray for steady hands and clear sight pictures.

This is a real shame. Hope the bears get him so we know he's gone for good. I was at Rainier last summer and was very glad that I could "legally" carry while enjoying the beauty of this park. I will say however that I carried mostly CC to avoid the stares I was sure I would get if OP. PS: only the government could make it legal to carry "except" in a rangers office. To be sure I was legal I just left my pisol on the sidewalk for the kids to play with when I went into the Ranger office ;>)

he will probably run into some anti-gun/anti-american liberals hiking in the woods and kill them and then the demoturds can say
we need to ban guns because of this.
when infact it would show that anyone in the woods should be required to carry a firearm for their protection.

Unless he grabbed some really good cold weather gear he won`t lost long, he probley has hypothermia by now, I`m in thurston county, its icing up down here in the valley. Its a lot colder up in the hills. Would be a fitting tribute to the Ranger for the park to take him out.

Unless he grabbed some really good cold weather gear he won`t lost long, he probley has hypothermia by now, I`m in thurston county, its icing up down here in the valley. Its a lot colder up in the hills. Would be a fitting tribute to the Ranger for the park to take him out.

One article I read suggested he might be prepared for conditions. Being a climber, I can testify- it's really not that hard to survive in relative comfort, at altitude in sub-zero conditions, with a rucksack full of appropriate gear and a little snow-bivy knowledge. If the guy has read Freedom of the Hills, he should be able to get by.

I can't remember what channel I saw it on. They said he was driving his vehicle, a stop was attempted and he shot the ranger and abandoned his vehicle. If true they have the vehicle and should know who he is. The story also said they had a "strong person of interest." They did say he had an "assault rifle."

The anti gunners are going to have a field day with this, even though everything he did was criminal from the moment he refused to stop. If he has a background, he might not even be allowed to own a gun. ??

The sequence as I understood it; some LEO attempted a traffic stop, he fled. The ranger that was shot was part of the containment perimeter to try to catch him. When he came up on her car blocking the road, and likely her armed challenge, he shot her, and fled on foot.

Still too early, though. The only thing that's certain about early reports is that they're always wrong.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top