JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody have any experience with Fast Cash LLC in Lebanon. I'm considering ordering a revolver through them but would like to hear a little background on them if possible.

Thanx
Jim

I would suggest not to buy through them based on their methods of conducting business.

First off, they were big on bragging about going across the street to walmart, buying all their ammo, then putting it on their shelves for twice the cost.

Secondly, they have the same owner, who owns "Albany coins and guns", who is running the radio commercial with the "gun buyback program", which is a genius idea, but they are basically getting a bunch of guns for $25 a piece, and turning around and selling them for huge profits. (while implying that they are cleaning up the streets)

Lastly, the prices at both places depend on the type of customer, if it looks like someone who they can make more money on, they will not budge on the price.

Where on the coast are you located? If you want quality service, and want to support a ethically good local business (and great prices), I would suggest Philomath Gun shop. Or you should look at some of the shops along the Oregon Coast (I have no experience with those)

Thanks PhysicsGuy, that's the kind of info I was looking for. I'm in Reedsport, so if I want any kind of a deal I have to drive a ways. I've made several purchases from Philomath Gun shop and have been pleased with them. I was just looking around on Davidson's and Fast cash had a little bit better price. From what you say though, my business will continue going to the Philomath Gun shop.

Thanx,
Jim

Secondly, they have the same owner, who owns "Albany coins and guns", who is running the radio commercial with the "gun buyback program", which is a genius idea, but they are basically getting a bunch of guns for $25 a piece, and turning around and selling them for huge profits. (while implying that they are cleaning up the streets)

)

That place kind of boned me on a Saiga AK a few years ago at a gun show. I was unaware of the 922r compliance issues with these guns if you use hi-cap mags in them, and the guy sold me some modified AK mags that were illegal. I accept responsibility for my own ignorance, but by the same token a licensed dealer shouldnt be doing that to people.

That place kind of boned me on a Saiga AK a few years ago at a gun show. I was unaware of the 922r compliance issues with these guns if you use hi-cap mags in them, and the guy sold me some modified AK mags that were illegal. I accept responsibility for my own ignorance, but by the same token a licensed dealer shouldnt be doing that to people.

I agree.

Put my order in with Philomath Gun shop Friday. That means I should be a happy camper with a new toy come the end of next week. :D

I bought a new gun from them .from the time I payed for the firearm (in full) till I pick it up, it had been fired.And it had a little nic on the slide .I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN...

We bought a new, in stock, handgun from them, their price was as low as I found it anywhere, so no problem, it shoots good. They sometimes have some interesting stuff to look at in that shop. They refused to take a reasonable offer I made on a used scope, insisting that it was only used by a 'little old lady who only used it on Sunday to increase the collection in the church plate' (Ok, that really wasn't it but it was similar), and then they told me how many millions they could get for it on EBAY, last time I was in there that thing was still there, over a year since I made the offer.

I haven't done any better at any of the local pawn shops, they seem to think their used guns are worth new prices, that any POS is a collector item, and that they seem more than happy to keep the same inventory for years without any concern that they are priced too high. I wonder if they are just for show and are really in the business of laundering money?

So far Iv bought From Albany Coins and guns a Mossberg 500 tactical 12ga, Ar15, Colt defender .40, glock 27 and my Sig P239 .40, the only gun i had a problem with was the colt.. It was stove piping on me so I took it back, he asked if i still wanted it and if so to take to to the Gunsmith and he'd pay for it to be fixed, well i did and it still messed up on me. So I took it back and Nick Ordered me a New glock and traded me straight across plus threw in 100 rounds of ammo and 3 extra mags and a black hawk holster, I got my sig for $500 with two mags and box an papers, and its in perfect condition. Never seen a deal like that anywhere else. They have always been good to me an I'll always go back.

I was just in there looking at a used kahr pm9. The firing pin was trashed. I was told it was supposed to be that way. Tried to take apart a similar "new" 40 to compare pins and the slide was nicked and we couldn't even get it apart... we both tried and the guy helping me finally gave up trying to push the pin out.

During all of this I over heard another customer trying to cut a deal on a gun, and he was told that they only make 3 percent on gun transactions after all their taxes and fees? Then shortly after a guy called in trying to sell a rifle and scope combo that I would have gladly paid 1000 dollars for and they offered 550.

I don't know much about them but this is what happened in 15 minutes.

The only people that can do well on transactions with pawn shops are those that are bigger swindlers than they are.

The only people that can do well on transactions with pawn shops are those that are bigger swindlers than they are.

I'm not much of a swindler but got a good deal at a local pawn shop recently. A Ruger .22 Mark II Target model with the heavy tapered barrel, another Mark II target with the bull barrel, a total of 7 mags and a gun rug all for $550. Started out I was going to buy the tapered barrel gun for $250. Another employee starts talking about the other Mark II. How it comes with 6 mags and the gun rug and they can make me a package deal. He set the $550 price. I figured the extra mags were worth $10 each so it was a great deal to me. Plus I paid it out on layaway. I was grinning when I walked out after making the deal. And grinning even bigger when I walked out with the guns. Almost forgot, both guns are in great shape too.

Same shop has a Winchester model 1200 pump shotgun I may try to get a deal on.

Anyway, I think it depends on the shop. There's another shop I stop in and look. Both seem willing to cut about 20% or so off the asking price. Just depends on the gun I guess. If the shop you're looking at isn't willing to deal try a different one. They're kind of like regular gun stores, some are know for good prices and some are overpriced.

Don

Report on my first visit
This is a pawn shop
And a gun store in the back
The store was very busy with folks buying and selling mostly selling.
The gun prices seemed consistent with what everyone in the Salem area is selling them for
Worked with Mark no attitude what so ever overall a good experience would do business with again and will recommend for future purchases

I have purchased many guns through Fast Cash from Davidson's Gallery of Guns. They are consistently the lowest bidder within a hundred mile search. Davidson's provides a lifetime warranty, so no problems or issues for me. I will continue to go through them for new guns, but likely would not buy a used gun from them. I definitely would not buy ammo from them.

I've bought a few non-firearms items from them, but I've been in and out of there MANY times and never felt like it got screwed. It's a pawn shop or you just need to remember that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top