JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll feel more comfortable in general when powders like H1000 and retumbo are available on shelves. Slow powders are hard to come by unless you want REALLY slow like H50 or US869

I am thankful for fussy reloaders who won't buy surplus powder, unbranded powder, pull down powder, old powder, opened containers of powder, mixed batch # containers of powder, etc. That should give us cheap SOBs a chance at decently priced powder in the future.
There is varied group that reloads with different reasons to reload. Those that value precision over cost are hurting for some of their go to powders.The substitutions are often subpar. I am somewhere in between. As a hunter that isn't caught up in this long range fad, I just want loads with enough precision to cover me out to my self imposed limits and I mostly can find powders available to make it work. To say there is no powder availability impacts lately is putting your head in the sand. It is better than the primer situation but not by leaps and bounds.

There is varied group that reloads with different reasons to reload. Those that value precision over cost are hurting for some of their go to powders.The substitutions are often subpar. I am somewhere in between. As a hunter that isn't caught up in this long range fad, I just want loads with enough precision to cover me out to my self imposed limits and I mostly can find powders available to make it work. To say there is no powder availability impacts lately is putting your head in the sand. It is better than the primer situation but not by leaps and bounds.
I think different people have different views on what's constitutes a shortage. If I go into every store nearby and the toilet papers shelves are empty, that makes me feel like their is a shortage. If I go into the store and can't find my favorite TP, I will think the selection has shrank. I have purchased four different powders over the last week or so. All have been under $30 a lb shipped. A shortage could certainly occur but I am not seeing it yet.

There may be something to this powder shortage. I saw this powder had come in stock just a bit ago. There were 37 8lb jugs in stock. I decided to take a shower first before placing my order. After I showered, I got back on to order a jug and only 18 jugs were remaining. By the time I placed my order only 2 jugs were remaining. No wonder I have been missing out on all the mid range powders, they go quick.

Edit: You have to have discipline to stay in the hunt and eventually you'll bag your game. :D

Last Edited:
American Reloading powder is selling out nearly as fast as they list it.
I like that company and I have purchased from them multiple times. However, I am disappointed in how they list their gun powder for sale (or lack of powder). I literally have never seen any powder actually in stock when I go to their website immediately after receiving an email alert from them that powder for 9mm or .45 acp is in stock...
I am starting to think they use their couple of containers of gunpowder as clickbait.

There may be something to this powder shortage. I saw this powder had come in stock just a bit ago. There were 37 8lb jugs in stock. I decided to take a shower first before placing my order. After I showered, I got back on to order a jug and only 18 jugs were remaining. By the time I placed my order only 2 jugs were remaining. No wonder I have been missing out on all the mid range powders, they go quick.

Edit: You have to have discipline to stay in the hunt and eventually you'll bag your game. :D
Perhaps there is a different lesson to be learned...

OIP (35).jpg

If you live by this creed, you can have that "fruity" smell that comes with acquiring more powder.

Can't live by this creed? Then, there is an alternative...

OIP (36).jpg

I like that company and I have purchased from them multiple times. However, I am disappointed in how they list their gun powder for sale (or lack of powder). I literally have never seen any powder actually in stock when I go to their website immediately after receiving an email alert from them that powder for 9mm or .45 acp is in stock...
I am starting to think they use their couple of containers of gunpowder as clickbait.
That is what I was thinking too but after seeing how fast this batch of 37 jugs sold out, I think it is just high demand.

American Reloading has powder "similar" to Alliant Power Pro 1200R. Going fast, real fast.

And it's gone.

There were 30 jugs when I posted it and in 15 mins they were gone. I got lucky and snagged the last jug of similar to Accurate 2520. I passed on the 1200-R.

Just snagged a similar to Ramshot Tac. They had 6 jugs to start and are probably gone now. Keep checking the site. It appears they are adding products now.

Edit: out of stock with in minutes.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top