JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just reading about Alabama which is voting on a bill on allowing short barreled rifes/shotguns as long as they are NFA registered.

Has this ever been tried in WA? What are the chances?

The chances are slim with the political makeup of Washington. The same is true for Oregon. Most of the politicians that claim they are pro-gun also say they support "reasonable" regulation. I doubt they support "reasonable" deregulation. ;)

That isn't to say it is not worth writing your reps about. It's also good to take young folks and non-shooters out and introduce them to evil black guns. Remove the stigma.

I am going to have a meeting with Rep Jamie Pedersen in May sometime (I hope) to discuss HB 1604 which will allow registered silencer use. I still have to set up the meeting through his assistant.

Several years ago I went to Olympia to find out more about the bill that was passed making SBR/SBS contraband. This bill info was not available online (or was not several years ago) so I had to look it up at their legal library in a bound book and lay it on a copier to make a hard copy for myself. It seems that the law to ban SBR/SBS was attached to an education bill. In order for a legislator to vote against the SBS/SBR ban, they had to vote against the education bill.

I have since lost the copy of the bill, so I will get it again when I meet with Pedersen.

As far as I am concerned, the entire WA legislature is anti-gun with very few exceptions. None of them are actually pushing for any pro-gun bill as far as I can tell. I can not even get the sponsors of HB 1604 to reply to my e-mails. It is all lip service to their gun owning constituents as far as I am concerned.

But the legislature is not actually the problem. I was not able to find anyone else who ever wrote to the House Judiciary chairman about HB 1604. According to what I hear from the few Reps that reply to my e-mails, no one really cares enough to write, so they do not care enough to take any action on any pro-gun bill. So it is we gun owners who are to blame for the poor state of gun control in WA. Suck it up buttercup. :)

Ranb

I agree it's hard to get people motivated to write/call. I'm happy to help out. Maybe we could get the Second Amendment Foundation in Bellevue to help?

BTW, Ranb - I noticed a post of yours on an integrally suppressed barrel. Have you built one of these? If the WA suppressor ban was lifted, they might be an interesting alternative to SBR for some carbines.

If you are referring to the Enfield in 45 acp, then it is not an integral design. The silencer is the one I made for my 510 whisper. I removed the spaces and stacked the baffles at the end of the can and profiled the Rhineland Arms barrel to fit the can. It sounds ok but is no substitue for a real integral 45 caliber silencer.

Ranb

ETA; I am posting all of my communications with the Reps in Olympia on gun control here. I will keep you guys posted. I am looking for anyone who wants to accompany me to the meetings with Pedersen and Finn. Anyone?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top