JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
How do people here think that this will affect the number of troops or military spending in that part of the world? I don't see troops coming home. In the short term, Obama gets to put his name next to this and his ratings go up. But what about the long term? Whether or not you think al Queda is real or not (al CIA-duh), the next in command will move up and more "insurgents" will come out of the woodwork. This is a nice pretext for invading Pakistan, and Libya and Syria are still in the bigger picture.

Also, what about the reports that bin Laden was killed years ago?

I don't think anyone sees this as a magic bullet. Quite the contrary, now that the Boogeyman is dead people now need to realize that he wasn't the only thing hiding in the closet. The BBC had a good article on it this morning which asks some good questions.

BBC News - Bin Laden death: What did Pakistan know?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

All those sleeper cells are surely going to start activating, and we'll be in trouble. All the guns in the world won't stop them; we need more intelligence and watchfulness inside and out of our country. Keep an eye out folks; but don't just assume it's going to be Middle East looking folks.

So... tying this back into gun politics (because no one here has yet mentioned it), I think this means an uptick in gun sales, and a stronger footing for the pro-gun lobby.

DNA confirmation and then buried at sea in muslim tradition? Kinda convenient don't ya' think? I get why they did the burial at sea thing to prevent a shrine and mass martyrdom but it all makes me skeptical. He didn't desrve a traditional burial.

THEY SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT HIS ROTTED CORPSE BACK TO GROUND ZERO AND DISPLAYED HIM ON A STAKE!!!

Give some of us some closure............just sayin.

DNA confirmation and then buried at sea in muslim tradition? Kinda convenient don't ya' think? I get why they did the burial at sea thing to prevent a shrine and mass martyrdom but it all makes me skeptical. He didn't desrve a traditional burial.

THEY SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT HIS ROTTED CORPSE BACK TO GROUND ZERO AND DISPLAYED HIM ON A STAKE!!!

Yeah like when enemy forces dragged/hung US contractor bodies through Iraq, or US military bodies in Somalia, or.. that's an absolutely terrible idea that goes against everything we as a country stand for.

Also: buried at sea is not some "Muslim tradition", they dumped the body so that a) his gravesite wouldn't be martyr junction and b) a neutral religious burial. There are a lot of religious overtones to burial and cremation and it's better, especially in the worldwide climate right now, to not get into a religious spat over the disposal of dude's body.

To the conspiracy theorists: sorry they haven't released photos, long-form death certificate, etc bubblegum just happened twelve hours ago and they're waitng for DNA evidence. Hopefully they took a photo before they dumped the body or else someone isn't getting their promotion!

Careful, you might upset the bedwetters.

I think it's great that we finally got the b*st*rd,... But I always believed that Americans had more class than to dance in the street in front of the WH over it. That's lowering ourselves to the level of the dastardly cowards across the middle east, that danced on 9/11.

The sooner we forget the names, the sooner we refuse to acknowledge their significance, and the sooner we convince terrorist types that they will be trampled into the dust of history.

And most importantly, that we don't even need to break stride to accomplish that.

Careful, you might upset the bedwetters.

I think I already have :)

NickP has. Pointed out that its a terrible idea and is against everything we stand for but what he doesn't realize that its not to anger our enemy but to give justice, proof and closure to US! Would it be insensitive to our enemy?....perhaps, but he is our enemy and we don't owe our enemy any sesitivity nor would he give it to US. Bedwetters forget that we are still in a WAR! No time to play nice. Will doing such a thing bring out the bad guys enforce? Yes......it would be a good way to smoke them out to the surface and dispatch them accordingly.

I borrow from Admiral Nelson: The US expects every man to do his duty. NOW is the time to be sure you are carrying if you have the legal authority to do so. Be vigilant in public, and be ready to act if needed. Nothing would please me more if some raghead were to storm a mall with an AK only to be dropped in his tracks by a pistol packin soccer mom.

I think it's great that we finally got the b*st*rd,... But I always believed that Americans had more class than to dance in the street in front of the WH over it. That's lowering ourselves to the level of the dastardly cowards across the middle east, that danced on 9/11.

The sooner we forget the names, the sooner we refuse to acknowledge their significance, and the sooner we convince terrorist types that they will be trampled into the dust of history.

And most importantly, that we don't even need to break stride to accomplish that.

Oh please! Have you not seen the films from the end of WW2? Yeah.....we never celibrate a victory...that's just poor taste (shaking head)!

I think I already have :)

NickP has. Pointed out that its a terrible idea and is against everything we stand for but what he doesn't realize that its not to anger our enemy but to give justice, proof and closure to US! Would it be insensitive to our enemy?....perhaps, but he is our enemy and we don't owe our enemy any sesitivity nor would he give it to US. Bedwetters forget that we are still in a WAR! No time to play nice. Will doing such a thing bring out the bad guys enforce? Yes......it would be a good way to smoke them out to the surface and dispatch them accordingly.

Dancing around with a dead body will do nothing but backpedal any progress made/put more US service members worlwide at harm. I know it's easy to sit around and be ignorant to the world at large and get a nice Donald Trump US foreign policy mentality going but every action has a reaction, and anti-Muslim low-brow commenting such as "HEY CLETUS LETS PUT 'IM IN A VAT OF PIGFAT" do nothing aside from making you look like someone possessing zero knowledge of ancient, or for that matter current, world history or tact.

Jamie: kudos to your post. I think we should save the Times Square dancing for when the conflicts are over, the economy is back on track, the BP spill is cleaned up and compensated for, those in the south have rebuilt their tornado-ravaged towns, and the credit cards are paid off.

Oh please! Have you not seen the films from the end of WW2? Yeah.....we never celibrate a victory...that's just poor taste (shaking head)!
Excuse me RF, but this was one man. To equate the killing of OBL with the defeat of the NAZI threat to the world is ludicrous. We haven't "defeated" anyone yet. The battle of the civilized world against extremism and terror tactics is still fully engaged.

The importance of the end of WWII ops in the European theater is cause for the whole nation to dance, sing and throw parades because the whole nation was involved. Food and fuel rationing, victory gardens, saving metals and stovetop grease for the war effort. Those celebrations were justified.
There is also value in remembering the menace that was hitler and the Nazis.

To do so over OBL's death lends him more significance than he is due.

I say grind him and his name into the dustbin of history, with but a small footnote in reference to his misguided lunacy in the face of civilization.
Because that's all he deserves.

Well, that and a pork suppository! ;)

Here's a photo, don't know if it's real but looks like his fugly face to me. <broken link removed>

Photo is fake, sorry.

It's fake
OBL1.jpg
OBL2.png

100% agree on all points.

One thing for sure is the guy is dead, if he wasn't he would be popping up on video to rub the USA's nose in the fact he is alive.

No doubt.

News is saying the government has pics. They are just deciding how and when they want to release them. Until it shows up from a .gov website I'd say any pic is a fake.

The thing I taked away from this is Pakistan has some explaining to do. They can't make any excuses any more about not being able to find him in the mountains. You can't tell me that some folks pretty high up in Pakistans military and govt. didn't know who was in that compound.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top