JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
So I'm selling my 1897 home defense 12ga lovingly called "The Hamburgler".

The 18.5" barrel on it throws quite a spread!

It is a functioning and firing gun, but I'm selling it as a parts gun because the pump arm can sometimes slide loose from the bolt, most likely caused by the awesome cowboy slam-fire action!!! ;)

The stock has a small crack that has been pinned, and it has a recoil pad installed.

The front wood has seen better days and has a few lengthwise cracks, but still intact. A little wood glue could fix it up.

In my youth, I polished the brown off the barrel and mag tube, but the patina is returning over the years.

It is a takedown model, so the polished parts could easily be replaced.
The numbers on the barrel and receiver do not match up, and there is some play at the receiver, but she runs.
She's not winning any beauty contests, but she has character!

If anyone could use this to fix up one of their 1897, or knows how to fix this one ship-shape.
It is functional, and the barrel band can be moved back slightly to keep the pump in, just minority throws off the aesthetics of it.

Price is $220.
Or I'd consider trading for a Handi-Rifle Or Rossi Combo. Possibly a bolt action of some sort, a Cricket Rifle or similar, or a Savage 320 Or 350 12ga.
Would also trade for a pistol of some sort.
Let me know what you've got! :)

Can meet between Longview and Vancouver. Could also meet in Rainier or Clatskanie at FFL.
Buyer pays transfer fees for FFL (thanks stupid voters...)

IMAG0554.jpg IMAG0555.jpg IMAG0556.jpg IMAG055_edit_1417746339787.jpg

Last Edited:
Humm. So do the serial number between the receiver and take down barrel match? These shotgun where designed to slam fire. Do the receiver and take down barrel have different serial numbers ? If so your problem is the timing on the take down.

Humm. So do the serial number between the receiver and take down barrel match? These shotgun where designed to slam fire. Do the receiver and take down barrel have different serial numbers ? If so your problem is the timing on the take down.
designed to slam fire? no. designed without a disconnector, yes.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.