JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Hello all.
I'm looking to part with this sealed box of discontinued ammo.
It was made for a year and then phased out by the SS197.
These are VERY hard to find!

I'd like $80 FTF or $90 in trade value.

I'm looking for-
-Dillon 550 toolheads
-AR bolts (6.8, 7.62x39, 458, possibly 556/223)
-Handi-Rifle or Cricket type rifle (can add cash)
Lee Classic Handloader Kits
-Dies in- 5.7x28, 221 Fireball, 223/556 (Redding S-type), 9mm Makarov, 9mm Carbide, 357 Carbide, 44 Mag Carbide, 45LC/454 Carbide, 44-40, 358 Win, or...?

Can meet in Longview/Kelso/Rainier/Clatskanie and occasionally Vancouver, PDX or Hillsboro/26/Cornelius Pass area.

20130510_201320.jpg 20130510_201332.jpg

Last Edited:
That still tells me nothing.

Off of the 5.7 wiki page:

"SS196SR (sporting round)

The SS196SR was introduced in 2005 and it is now discontinued in favor of the SS197SR cartridge.[27] It featured a lead core 2.6-g (40 grain) Hornady V-Max bullet which it propelled at a muzzle velocity of roughly 500 m/s (1,650 ft/s) when fired from the Five-seven.[27] The polycarbonate tip used in the V-Max bullet acted as a wedge, enhancing expansion of the bullet. The SS196 was classified by the ATF as not armor-piercing, and in testing by FNH USA it did not penetrate a Level II vest when fired from the Five-seven.[26] The SS196 could be identified by its red polymer tip."

-So looks like these were the legal workaround for civilian ammunition of the time (not -"armor piercing").???

Off of the 5.7 wiki page:

"SS196SR (sporting round)

The SS196SR was introduced in 2005 and it is now discontinued in favor of the SS197SR cartridge.[27] It featured a lead core 2.6-g (40 grain) Hornady V-Max bullet which it propelled at a muzzle velocity of roughly 500 m/s (1,650 ft/s) when fired from the Five-seven.[27] The polycarbonate tip used in the V-Max bullet acted as a wedge, enhancing expansion of the bullet. The SS196 was classified by the ATF as not armor-piercing, and in testing by FNH USA it did not penetrate a Level II vest when fired from the Five-seven.[26] The SS196 could be identified by its red polymer tip."

-So looks like these were the legal workaround for civilian ammunition of the time (not -"armor piercing").???

Thanx.......

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top