JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didn't have to read between the lines to notice no candidate of the masculine persuasion could have possibly made the cut. DEI is alive and well, and now not only will wildlife decisions be made regardless of scientific evidence, apparently such decisions should be heavily influenced by the sexual anatomy of the decision-maker.

...and not much effort reading what WASN'T between the lines (or even IN the lines: No mention of either being a hunter or fisher...."person").
I should have said I identify as a female and applied for the job, a brown tranny I'd of been a shoe in! Guaranteed I would do a better job than those 2 clowns and i have way more experience managing wildlife and making sure our predators are in check than 90% of the folks at odfw

Guess I should have read to the last page.

The recruitment outfit (paid for by our taxes, I assume) SPECIALIZES in DEI.

(Which of course is the ONLY reason we should "need" a recruitment outfit to select an ODFW director.)

Genitalia rules the day.

Didn't have to read between the lines to notice no candidate of the masculine persuasion could have possibly made the cut. DEI is alive and well, and now not only will wildlife decisions be made regardless of scientific evidence, apparently such decisions should be heavily influenced by the sexual anatomy of the decision-maker.

...and not much effort reading what WASN'T between the lines (or even IN the lines: No mention of either being a hunter or fisher...."person").
Doesn't matter to us any more who they put in there. We don't give any money, voluntarily, to ODFW any more. F'ing salmon/steelhead and wolf huggers can pay for it all from here on out for all I care. Same goes for the marine board.

Heart goes out to those still playing the hunting fishing game though.

Full disclosure: One of the four semi-finalists was a man - a former Natural Resources Policy Director appointed by Kate Brown. Can't say I'm all that disappointed he didn't make the cut if he was Kate's guy. The other person that didn't make the cut was a woman who is currently the ODFW's Deputy Director of Administration who has in her bio on the ODFW website - "enjoys angling, is also an avid hunter". No surprise she didn't make the finals. :(

Full disclosure: One of the four semi-finalists was a man - a former Natural Resources Policy Director appointed by Kate Brown. Can't say I'm all that disappointed he didn't make the cut if he was Kate's guy. The other person that didn't make the cut was a woman who is currently the ODFW's Deputy Director of Administration who has in her bio on the ODFW website - "enjoys angling, is also an avid hunter". No surprise she didn't make the finals. :(
A Token is always carried to near-Finish Line. Makes for a prettier show.

Per the Heritage Foundation....As of 2016 there were over 300.000 federal rules and regulations.

Oregon is barely recognizable compared to what it was 40-50 years ago.

Current BS is just another brick in the wall.....

The candidates will have a public question and answer session Friday before the full commission meeting at ODFW headquarters in Salem. Afterward, the commission may pick the new director. The meeting is open to the public and will be streamed live at: www.dfw.state.or.us/agency/commission/

An online form remains available until 5 p.m. on Tuesday to submit questions for the candidates during the public question and answer.

The online form requires registration, cant help but think they did that to discourage the real questions like how do they plan to preserve the future of big game hunting.

Full article here:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR