JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NRA Calls '14 Elections Do-or-Die; Vows War With Bloomberg, Obama « Tea PartyTea Party

http://m.teaparty.org/nra-calls-14-elections-die-vows-war-bloomberg-obama-33979/

© Tea Party 2014

FEBRUARY 3, 2014 | SECOND AMENDMENT NRA Calls 14 Elections Do-or-Die; Vows War With Bloomberg, Obama SPOTLIGHT

(Washington Examiner) – Expecting former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg to double down on his nationwide anti-gun efforts in the2014 elections, an invigorated National Rifle Association is planning a massive ground game to win Republican control of the Senate, according to officials.

Here to open the NRA's new Great American Outdoor Show, the nation’s largest of its kind, top officials from the group described winning the Senate a do-or-die goal this year, especially because of the possibility that President Obama could get another chance to appoint a new, liberal Supreme Court justice.

We fully expect to win a pro-gun Senate in this cycle, said NRA President Jim Porter. It is vital certainly to our issues, but it is vital to the well-being of this country, he told Secrets.

FAX BLAST SPECIAL: Don’t Let The Government Take Your Guns! Protect Your Second Amendment Rights!

David Keene, former NRA president, added the group is expanding its effort to tell supporters how critical the election is, though he added that most gun-rights supporters already believe that Democrats and the president are unfriendly.

Acknowledging that the president muddied the gun issue in the 2012 election, Keene said, now they know and gun owners are like other people, Once fooled, the second time it doesn’t work. So they know what the opposition is, they know how close it is in the Senate, they know that the Supreme Court could be at stake in the next few years.

Keene added that in past elections where the NRA has weighed in, the group has make a difference of about 3 percent of the vote, enough in close elections to win. This year it might be more than that and in today's world that’s everything, he said, adding that the NRA is preparing a massive ground game to educate and invigorate supporters, as high as 50 million according to some reports.

NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam added the gun-rights group expects Democratic senators in conservative states to be pressured by Bloombergs Mayors Against Illegal Guns for their votes last April in support of gun rights.

Bloomberg is not going away. What he's going to do is double down. This is definitely not over yet we still have a lot of work to do, with emphasis on a lot, he said.

The revived Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg is a part of that. Cancelled last year after sponsors organized a boycott because the former organizer banned the AR-15 from displays following the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings, the NRA took charge and is signing up new members from the expected 200,000-plus attendees.

It is also proving to be a public relations bonanza for the group, which added a shooting sports hall to the sprawling convention inside the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex.

The NRA is taking it over is a good thing, said Ralph Cianciarulo, who hosts TV’s Archer’s Choice. He added, It’s good the show is back.

Keene said that when the NRA sponsors big shows, the group wins new credibility from non-members, key when the organization unleashes its political fury. They are going to say, Those are our guys. That helps the brand, he said.

Many of the vendors at the show, which continues through next weekend, said that customers also sense that their gun rights are jeopardized by the president and congressional liberals eager to implement gun control measures.

Pete Brownell, whose Brownells is the worlds largest suppliers of gun accessories, especially for weapons like the AR-15, told Secrets that customers are buying guns, gun parts and survival gear that they had only considered in the past. Some people say now it is time to do it because we may not have it in the future, he said.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/nra-c...vows-war-with-bloomberg-obama/article/2543368

All the extra's in a sentence make it hard to read:

TV’s “Archer’s Choice.” He added, “It’s good the show is back.”

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

All the extra's in a sentence make it hard to read:

Deen
NRA Recruiter

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

The forum doesn't like quotation marks so I got rid of them.
Hopefully that is better for you to read.

The forum doesn't like quotation marks so I got rid of them.
Hopefully that is better gor you to read.

THANK YOU!!

Deen
NRA Recruiter

Part of the "trouble" with Bloomie is his money. He made more last year than the NRA has collected in it's entire history!!

Now, if everyone that legally owned a gun would join and contribute some it would help.

Deen
NRA Recruiter

*Raises his hand respectfully* May I suggest not only donating to the NRA-ILA but if you can afford it, to donate to the 2nd Amendment Foundation? The 2nd Amendment Foundation is far more legally bloodthirsty than the NRA. Like some of you have pointed out- Bloomberg can outspend us but fortunately people are starting to clue in- just not fast enough.

The NRA has a good legal staff, but the costs of legislative battles is high and we are the primary source of funding they have.
Think hard about how much you value your gun rights. Also if we can help double the size of the membership base, that will send chills down every politicians spine, if they have one.

The NRA has a good legal staff, but the costs of legislative battles is high and we are the primary source of funding they have. Think hard about how much you value your gun rights. Also if we can help double the size of the membership base, that will send chills down every politicians spine, if they have one.

In the past, I have given 1 year subscription's to people when it used to be $25. I think its $35, now but go ahead and sign up someone whom you know is NOT a firearm owner. Give it as a gift- if everyone just gave one subscription we would have 10 million members. Its a wise investment.

The 2nd Amendment Foundation spends 90% of its money on lawsuits and it has been very successful the past few years.

The National Association of Gun Rights? Meh, save your money

Gun Owners of America? Meh, save your money

Focus on the NRA and the 2nd Amendment- the NRA donates to PAC's, the 2nd Amendment covers lawsuits- so that cover's 90% of everything we need.

The last 10% or so seems to be the NRA and the ACLU working together to sue NSA and other violations of the Bill of Rights. I thought I was going to vapor lock when I first read that- but the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and politics' makes very strange bedfellows. If someone had told me the NRA and the ACLU were going to work together on a law suit I'd have laughed in their face but its not funny.

I've donated to NRA, OFF, and SAF. Obvious Differences:

NRA - Lobbies federally, Political Pressure on Current Politicians, Assists in getting Pro-Gun Politicians in to office
SAF - Legal Battles, Fights laws already on the books
OFF - Does both but, only in Oregon.

So, not saying SAF is not a worthy cause, I've donated to them before but, giving the upcoming elections NRA and OFF are better bets this year. They are more politically oriented than SAF is. I try to alternate my donations with NRA and SAF based on election years.

In the past, I have given 1 year subscription's to people when it used to be $25. I think its $35, now but go ahead and sign up someone whom you know is NOT a firearm owner. Give it as a gift- if everyone just gave one subscription we would have 10 million members. Its a wise investment.

The 2nd Amendment Foundation spends 90% of its money on lawsuits and it has been very successful the past few years.

The National Association of Gun Rights? Meh, save your money

Gun Owners of America? Meh, save your money

Focus on the NRA and the 2nd Amendment- the NRA donates to PAC's, the 2nd Amendment covers lawsuits- so that cover's 90% of everything we need.

The last 10% or so seems to be the NRA and the ACLU working together to sue NSA and other violations of the Bill of Rights. I thought I was going to vapor lock when I first read that- but the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and politics' makes very strange bedfellows. If someone had told me the NRA and the ACLU were going to work together on a law suit I'd have laughed in their face but its not funny.

NRA and the ACLU are enemies on some fronts and allies on others. It is dependent on the needs and
it reinforces both. The NSA has proven itself to be a friend to no one but the current administration.

NRA and the ACLU are enemies on some fronts and allies on others. It is dependent on the needs and
it reinforces both. The NSA has proven itself to be a friend to no one but the current administration.

NSA, TSA, CIA, BSA, er, I may be wrong about the last one unless you change the first two words- but yeah, they're not friends of anyone. So has anyone read the article where they're going to pass a law in Olympia to cut off the power, water and sewer to the NSA listening post in Yakima? :Laughs: :laughs: Wish I could feel some sympathy towards them but,,,,give them the airborne hymn.

(Its "Him, Him, Him, F-Him" for those of you who don't know)

but then to criticize spelling and punctuation is RACIST.
you must hate Obama because he is black.

I hate him because he is an Anti American Marxist ! Nothing to do with skin color.
And he's a radical Islamist butt kisser.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top