JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now I'm curious...Karl's (NW Armory) response was that they check ID for four different reasons and all seem reasonable to me. My question would be why the driver's license information was recorded for the cash sale of ammunition to someone obviously past the age of 21. Is that store policy or was store policy misinterpreted by a couple of young sales types? What is that information used for if not for sharing or mailing lists?

I'm also curious about why when the DL was requested, it was produced. If 556 had refused to show his DL would NWA have refused to sell him the ammunition?

Just curious...

Good evening,

Customers buying ammo with cash at Northwest Armory get a cash receipt.

Thank you,

Karl

not quite the assurance we were hoping for from you karl.
do your customers not deserve to hear a "we will not ask for invasive information like an odl# for simple purchases like ammo anymore?"thats all were asking karl,just that you do business like other shops who check id but not record our information on simple purchases.
This tells me all i need to know about nw armory.been a good shop in the past but so long!poor customer service leads to the demise of good shops and your brief non explanation shows how much you care about your customers.

I didn't get asked for ID when I bought ammo there.......
I'm not old!! I swear I'm not!!!

Actually there was a time when I was without an FFL, and I bought a gun off a guy on the east coast. I had NW Armory do the transaction, and it went swimmingly.

Nice family, and the kids are nice and polite. Not snotty like other owners' kids.....

not quite the assurance we were hoping for from you karl.
do your customers not deserve to hear a "we will not ask for invasive information like an odl# for simple purchases like ammo anymore?"thats all were asking karl,just that you do business like other shops who check id but not record our information on simple purchases.
This tells me all i need to know about nw armory.been a good shop in the past but so long!poor customer service leads to the demise of good shops and your brief non explanation shows how much you care about your customers.

no kidding!...guess im done shopping there too.that was a non answer to the question.

Great gun shop, dude was super helpful and gave me some good advice on my search for a red dot sight. They had some great prices on ammo as well.

Last Edited:
I used to buy a few guns from NW Armory, and always enjoyed dealing with Carl. They eventually stopped carrying much in the way ofold or used guns, and I haven't been in their store for a long time because of that. Guess I should make a stop one day and see if they've changed much?
I know thye opened a 2nd store in Tigard in the old Gunbroker shop on 99W. Have to see how that one is doing too.

NW Armory used to be my go to place for collectible firearms. Then they discovered Gunbroker, and none of the old collectible guns ever made it to their racks. They were all put online for sale at auctions, and I stopped even looking in store. Sad day, because I bought a good number of collectible firearms there over the years prior to the change.

Out of curiosity anyone know what the wait times are currently for a background check? And what's the process?

Is it: go in fill out papers and wait in the car? That's what I've been seeing recently.. or do they give you a call back etc? I got a buddy that lives around the corner so if I can hang at his place that would be perfect.

cant wait for the times to go back to normal where I was in and out within 15min tops!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.