NFATracker.com: Form 4 transfer tracker

Discussion in 'NFA Weapons' started by Keane, May 7, 2009.

?

Do you think this site is useful?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Maybe Someday

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Absolutely Not!!!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Keane

Keane Active Member

19   0   0
    Hi all, I just wanted to let you guys know about a little site I started earlier this week. It is called NFATracker. The purpose of this site is to provide us with an alternative the transfer threads that appear everywhere.

I noticed these threads are long and disorganized, and have no way of doing reporting, so this site might come in handy.

At the moment, the UI sucks, and it has a bare amount of functionality. It has data entry and viewing only! In the future, I intend to provide advanced reporting features, perhaps even being able to graph the times the ATF takes, so that you would be better able to predict how much time it'll take!

I also plan on making the interface look and act a little less awful.

Now, it DOES have a login, because I deemed it necessary to permit editing of records, so you can keep a 'live' record of your transfers at that instant.

At the moment, I am paying for this out-of pocket, and it is a free service. It is 100% my intent, nay, my guarantee that it will remain free to the users. If it doesn't offend anyone terribly, I might consider adding some sort of google-adwords to attempt to pay for the hosting fees.

I am not making this site to make money, more for a service to the community, so I don't require a profit in anyway, just something that people can enjoy.

What I would like you to do:
    -Start entering your Forms! it handles forms 4 and 1, and takes some good records, so if you can enter what you have, it'll help out the community.
    -Make any feature suggestions/comments that you can. I would love new ideas on how to make this site better.
    -report any errors that you receive! I haven't had a chance to do ANY error handling at the moment (though the data should be protected), so please let me know of anything that comes up.

Thanks all, let me know what you think!