JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shot 250 rounds through one last week as part of product testing for our LG494 laserguard. Here are my thoughts.

The gun is a little heavy compared to most of the polymer framed guns I have shot lately. Both size and weight means this is not a pocket pistol. It is very slim so should be easy to conceal when holstered. The trigger is one of the best factory ones I have shot. Very smooth and fairly short throw. right out of the box this pistol was very accurate and easy to shoot. At 21 feet it was easy to get 1.5" groups, of course I was using a laser but that's what I normally shoot with and using a glock at the same distance would be harder to get that same grouping. Even when shooting as fast I could I still got groups as small as 6 to 8 in. I never noticed the grip safety during my range time but when handling the gun before hand I thought I would not like it due to the clicking noise it makes. Recoil wasn't bad but I did feel the beavertail hit on my hand somewhat. All in all I was very impressed so far. I will be getting more range time after Shot Show so I will update this later.

Dan r51.jpg

r51.jpg

I shot 250 rounds through one last week as part of product testing for our LG494 laserguard. Here are my thoughts.

The gun is a little heavy compared to most of the polymer framed guns I have shot lately. Both size and weight means this is not a pocket pistol. It is very slim so should be easy to conceal when holstered. The trigger is one of the best factory ones I have shot. Very smooth and fairly short throw. right out of the box this pistol was very accurate and easy to shoot. At 21 feet it was easy to get 1.5" groups, of course I was using a laser but that's what I normally shoot with and using a glock at the same distance would be harder to get that same grouping. Even when shooting as fast I could I still got groups as small as 6 to 8 in. I never noticed the grip safety during my range time but when handling the gun before hand I thought I would not like it due to the clicking noise it makes. Recoil wasn't bad but I did feel the beavertail hit on my hand somewhat. All in all I was very impressed so far. I will be getting more range time after Shot Show so I will update this later.

DanView attachment 76735

where did you get one???

I have a couple on order (Feb Delivery likely)

My personal feeling, JAMG "Just another mouse gun"

Not to be critical, but it looks like a PPK OR A Makarov or a few other slim 9mm offerings.

I really wonder why Remington whipped this up, other than they have not really been in the handgun limelight except for their 1911 offering.

I am looking forward to getting my paws on one though.

We shall see

Snowy

I flat-out do.not.like.it. It looks like it belongs in a Star Wars movie. It's too big and heavy.

WHY didn't they copy the look of the old one?
Why does it have to look like a girl's gun?

There are better choices out there already.

I flat-out do.not.like.it. It looks like it belongs in a Star Wars movie. It's too big and heavy.

WHY didn't they copy the look of the old one?
Why does it have to look like a girl's gun?

There are better choices out there already.

Excellent now I don't have to worry about being behind you in line for one.

I think I will order one from each of several places . . . Then when some of you who think they are ugly or useless change your minds I will sell you my place in line . . . I might even be willing to trade my place for some 22lr . . . heh, Heh, HEH!!!

Sheldon

Gunner 3456

What exactly is a "Girls Gun" ???????????

I am a girl, albeit, an old one, and that statement makes no sense.

I carry Glocks and whatever happens to be handy.

Pink is the best kind. You yank it out and the puke will die laughing and you won't have to use the gun. :s0112:

Better choices out there already??? You must have perceptive powers I don't have.
I need to try a product before I can say it is better or worse than another product WHICH I ALSO HAVE TRIED.

Sheldon

I'm usually on another site but came over here to read up on what you guy & gals thought of the R51.
Seems like a lot of haters for something no one has even held or shot yet.
I like metal which is what this is. Yeah, it weighs a tad more but if I wanted to shoot something with the weight of a feather, I could go KelTec... no thanks.
This isn't a sub-mini-coin-pocket 9mm, it's a thin 9mm that holds 7+1. I don't see any problems.
My name is on the first one that comes in the shop I favor. Hopefully in a few more weeks.
We'll see. :s0155:

I'm usually on another site but came over here to read up on what you guy & gals thought of the R51.
Seems like a lot of haters for something no one has even held or shot yet.
I like metal which is what this is. Yeah, it weighs a tad more but if I wanted to shoot something with the weight of a feather, I could go KelTec... no thanks.
This isn't a sub-mini-coin-pocket 9mm, it's a thin 9mm that holds 7+1. I don't see any problems.
My name is on the first one that comes in the shop I favor. Hopefully in a few more weeks.
We'll see. :s0155:

So, have YOU held it or shot it yet? From the impression my friend at SHOT show gave me (when he actually handled it), I have no interest. My Shield holds 7+1, has 8 rounds in the second mag, and shoots under 4" at 50' to point of aim. Carry what you want, but don't tell my gut what to feel.

I have not shot it or held it yet and didn't say I did. Do you always live your life through others?
When it comes out I will play with it. Until then, what someone else doesn't like, I might.

I have not shot it or held it yet and didn't say I did. Do you always live your life through others?
When it comes out I will play with it. Until then, what someone else doesn't like, I might.

Live my life through others? What are you talking about? Are you saying because I didn't go to SHOT show myself to play with the gun, and let my friend tell me about it's downsides directly, that I'm living my life through him? How many youthbe videos have YOU watched of new products at the show and now miraculously have an opinion on yourself? What kind of half-baked ideal is that? Do you not trust a family member if they say it's raining outside? You're condemning people for having doubts when they see red flags. Instead of arguing with a yarn ball of contradictions I'll just ask you one thing: Why didn't Remington bring the gun out to the range on Media day for people to actually shoot?

Over and out

Live my life through others? What are you talking about? Are you saying because I didn't go to SHOT show myself to play with the gun, and let my friend tell me about it's downsides directly, that I'm living my life through him? How many youthbe videos have YOU watched of new products at the show and now miraculously have an opinion on yourself? What kind of half-baked ideal is that? Do you not trust a family member if they say it's raining outside? You're condemning people for having doubts when they see red flags. Instead of arguing with a yarn ball of contradictions I'll just ask you one thing: Why didn't Remington bring the gun out to the range on Media day for people to actually shoot?

Over and out

Lighten up dude. He isn't telling you what to like and what to hate. He just said he wouldn't pass judgement until he actually handled it which sounds very reasonable to me!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top