JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like the fixed barrel and the SA trigger.

I would like to shoot one to see how it fits my hands.

For those that don't like the grip safety, you could maybe have it pinned, but with the trigger the way it is, I wouldn't. It is one thing when you have something like a Glock type trigger, but a SA trigger with an always cocked trigger and no safety, AD waiting to happen in a pocket pistol.

I like the fixed barrel and the SA trigger.

I would like to shoot one to see how it fits my hands.

For those that don't like the grip safety, you could maybe have it pinned, but with the trigger the way it is, I wouldn't. It is one thing when you have something like a Glock type trigger, but a SA trigger with an always cocked trigger and no safety, AD waiting to happen in a pocket pistol.

Which is why I prefer the BHP and EAA Witness SA cocked n locked design over all others

Only having a grip safety would allow it to be able to be put into action quickly. But quite frankly, it doesn't appeal to me because it only has a grip safety. Although some might, I wouldn't want to only rely on the grip safety of a 1911.
I give Remington credit for building something different. But too bad they couldn't build a conventional safety into it for those who might prefer to have one.
However it just might become a classic collectible if its production doesn't last very long.

I suspect the grip safety, being the only safety on this pistol, will take a substantial squeeze ala HK P7 to allow the weapon to fire. Just a guess. Id be nervous as hell carrying a cocked/unlocked single action auto without SOMETHING between me and crispy 3.5 lb. disaster.

I suspect the grip safety, being the only safety on this pistol, will take a substantial squeeze ala HK P7 to allow the weapon to fire. Just a guess. Id be nervous as hell carrying a cocked/unlocked single action auto without SOMETHING between me and crispy 3.5 lb. disaster.

From what I understand it will be an audible sound when pressed.

trigger is listed as 5.5lbs. same as a glock, s&w, springfield, etc.

also, nothing preventing you from making the trigger 30lbs and the grip safety 50lbs if you want.

trigger is listed as 5.5lbs. same as a glock, s&w, springfield, etc.

also, nothing preventing you from making the trigger 30lbs and the grip safety 50lbs if you want.

You have a point but a 5.5 lb trigger ( or 30 lb. ) w/ 50 lb. grip safety would sorta defeat the purpose of an SA gun. Might as well do like everyone else and copy Glock. Which Im guessing would lead to marginal sales, elicit more yawns, and further crowd an already stuffed plastic carry gun market. Im hoping it truly is different! Its high time someone makes the next leap forward. The way Glock is headed they will truly one day be the next 1911, building exactly the same gun 100 years after they began. We need a new toy. Another 5 years they will be passing out free Glocks w/ any gas fillup over $40. They will have become the Ronald McDonald glass or Greenstamps of the Roaring 20's ifit goes on. Oh the humanity!

Only having a grip safety would allow it to be able to be put into action quickly. But quite frankly, it doesn't appeal to me because it only has a grip safety. Although some might, I wouldn't want to only rely on the grip safety of a 1911.
I give Remington credit for building something different. But too bad they couldn't build a conventional safety into it for those who might prefer to have one.
However it just might become a classic collectible if its production doesn't last very long.

Ditto that

It appears to me to plasticized, striker fired space gun - I can do with out it. I don't see a hammer.

I guess someone didn't read it anything about it and just made an ignorant assumption.

Enter the R51 Sub-Compact—a modern, concealable pistol with the ability to handle +P factory ammunition. The R51 uses a hammer-fired, Pedersen action with a locked breech and fixed 416 stainless steel barrel. It also features drift-adjustable sights and an aluminum frame with 25 lines-per-inch checkering on the front grip strap.

remington_r51_history.jpg

So where is the hammer on the original? I sure don't see one. Both the original 51 and the R51 are concealed hammer fired single action pistols.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top