JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking of value or worth...

At time value or worth does not mean dollar value...but what use the item has for you.
I have at times , traded a firearm that was "worth" more than the one I was getting , simply because I had a better use for the new one , than the traded one.
So...the new one's "worth" , meant more to me than just dollars.

Not the best of ideas if you are trying to trade up so to speak..or working for a retail store.
However...
It can get you something that you want , have a use for and actually use...rather then holding to something that you don't use with the hopes of it being worth dollars.
Andy
Exactly right, I recently traded a 480 Ruger and all of it's accouterments for a 9mm race gun. I was enamored with the 480 at first but then realized it was just a big, heavy hand cannon better suited to the Alaskan back country than the type of shooting I'm doing. The CZ on the other hand is a great happy can gun, fast, easy to shoot and fun. Did I make money on the trade, probably not but I did increase the fun factor substantially.

I know this looks and sounds good on paper but the correct number of guns is just one more. For me I didn't find out what were the right guns for me with out buying and shooting what I thought I wanted. One example of this is Thompson Contender pistols. Three or four times I've had a contender and with multiple barrels each time. They are fun, accurate and as a re loader entertaining to load for particularly the wildcats. Eventually I get bored with shooting a single shot and they get traded off for the next shiny squirrel.
Ain't that the truth? Man, I love Contenders and their extra barrels. Just never seem to shoot mine. Maybe it's that "one shot at a time" thing? But I shoot my muzzleloader more than the contender, and it's slower to load, so...

Took me a while to get through this thread. Great info from everyone! My 2cents as a Washingtonian would be DON"T WAIT! I saw way too many people that were unable to purchase a gun because of stupid law changes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top