JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Too many "Citizens" deferring defense of their neighborhoods to the Police and hiding behind the blinds; watching while their neighbors are robbed, beaten and murdered. Too few step up and take responsibility for the safety of their neighborhoods. The time will come when those folks are victims, and will wish someone had intervened on their behalf beside calling 911.

Nice spin... but in fact you're just rationalizing your own cowardice. You're the type of guy who would just skulk behind his blinds and watch somebody run off with, for all you know, is my entire life savings, or my grandfather's watch, or my guns, or _________. Or maybe even the guy that just raped my daughter, or murdered me and my family, or _________. GLAD YOU'RE NOT MY NEIGHBOR.

You are the best Sunday Morning Quarterback I have ever seen... Maybe I will have the pleasure to meet you someday in my line of work... (Let the pissing contest start, you will win due to my lack of concern about your thoughts)

You are the best Sunday Morning Quarterback I have ever seen... Maybe I will have the pleasure to meet you someday in my line of work... (Let the pissing contest start, you will win due to my lack of concern about your thoughts)

423d8_ORIG-u_mad.jpg

I RE'd your PM. You and me can meet up ANY TIME, brah.

I RE'd your PM. You and me can meet up ANY TIME, brah.

It is statements like that and the ones you "PMed" me which give me all confidence that given the right situation: YOU WILL BECOME A CRIMINAL. But in your own little mind, you did the "American" thing...

The issue in hand is the discharge of a round in "warning", where in which all State, County and Local Police officer are NOT allowed to fire warning shots. It was reckless and needless in the situation. The man ran across the street and put himself in harms way over his own anger (closely matching bkb000's shown anger).

On a side note: "brah", are you 12 years old surfer girl, if so I don't think you should be in a firearms forum?

This is why it was more appealing to me to take the CCW handgun safety class at the Sheriffs department. We were told very bluntly, NEVER fire a warning shot, if you think you are in a justifiable confrontation that you can use deadly force, then you should be using deadly force at the bad guy; firing a warning shot is not only dangerous, but its not going to stop a bad guy. If you are not in a justifiable use of force situation, if you fire a warning shot you are going to jail -- more than likely its going to be illegal to have discharged your weapon.

He also explained being the 3rd party on a situation where you may be justified using force; however he strongly warned that you need to be aware of the situation and often if YOU (me) are not the person directly involved it MAY be a better idea to call for help (911) and observe and report. He gave the example of a liquor store being robbed and a good samaritan pulling a firearm and getting the bad guy on the ground. If you pull up to 7-11 and see someone holding someone else that is on the ground at gunpoint; you would have no idea what already had happened or exactly what is, and you could mistake the good guy for a bad guy: sometimes its better to call for help (911).

Would a LEO fired into the ground to make the suspect know he was serious, I don't think one would. However; I will agree if a LEO did shoot into the ground, more than likely, even if it was found out to be a non accidental discharge, I doubt the LEO would be fired let alone go to jail - probably some administrative leave with pay for a few months. .

This is one reason I will continue in more hands on education and training when it comes to self defense tactics.

It is statements like that and the ones you "PMed" me which give me all confidence that given the right situation: YOU WILL BECOME A CRIMINAL. But in your own little mind, you did the "American" thing...

The issue in hand is the discharge of a round in "warning", where in which all State, County and Local Police officer are NOT allowed to fire warning shots. It was reckless and needless in the situation. The man ran across the street and put himself in harms way over his own anger (closely matching bkb000's shown anger).

On a side note: "brah", are you 12 years old surfer girl, if so I don't think you should be in a firearms forum?

If you read "anger" in any of these digits here on your computer screen, it probably has something to do with my contempt for your blatant attempt to intimidate me by sending mine and my wife's names and address to me in a PM. I'm done typing to you, cool guy... you took this to a level you're apparently not equipped for. Next thing that needs to happen between you and me, if anything, is fist-swinging. So man up, or STFU.

If you read "anger" in any of these digits here on your computer screen, it probably has something to do with my contempt for your blatant attempt to intimidate me by sending mine and my wife's names and address to me in a PM. I'm done typing to you, cool guy... you took this to a level you're apparently not equipped for. Next thing that needs to happen between you and me, if anything, is fist-swinging. So man up, or STFU.

Sounds like a skull-busting is in order.

This is why it was more appealing to me to take the CCW handgun safety class at the Sheriffs department. We were told very bluntly, NEVER fire a warning shot, if you think you are in a justifiable confrontation that you can use deadly force, then you should be using deadly force at the bad guy; firing a warning shot is not only dangerous, but its not going to stop a bad guy. If you are not in a justifiable use of force situation, if you fire a warning shot you are going to jail -- more than likely its going to be illegal to have discharged your weapon.

He also explained being the 3rd party on a situation where you may be justified using force; however he strongly warned that you need to be aware of the situation and often if YOU (me) are not the person directly involved it MAY be a better idea to call for help (911) and observe and report. He gave the example of a liquor store being robbed and a good samaritan pulling a firearm and getting the bad guy on the ground. If you pull up to 7-11 and see someone holding someone else that is on the ground at gunpoint; you would have no idea what already had happened or exactly what is, and you could mistake the good guy for a bad guy: sometimes its better to call for help (911).

Would a LEO fired into the ground to make the suspect know he was serious, I don't think one would. However; I will agree if a LEO did shoot into the ground, more than likely, even if it was found out to be a non accidental discharge, I doubt the LEO would be fired let alone go to jail - probably some administrative leave with pay for a few months. .

This is one reason I will continue in more hands on education and training when it comes to self defense tactics.

You're applying a different state's laws to NH. Be very careful doing so. The laws regarding use of force will vary from state to state.

You're probably right regarding a police officer shooting into the ground.

Good to hear you want to expand on your self defense training.

You're applying a different state's laws to NH. Be very careful doing so. The laws regarding use of force will vary from state to state.

if you think you are in a justifiable confrontation that you can use deadly force, then you should be using deadly force at the bad guy; firing a warning shot is not only dangerous, but its not going to stop a bad guy. If you are not in a justifiable use of force situation, if you fire a warning shot you are going to jail -- more than likely its going to be illegal to have discharged your weapon.

Better? :s0155: ;)

Now I am just being a smart ***, sorry ! I am not giving anyone legal advice, I am not a lawyer.

New Hampshire R.S.A. 207:3-c Use of Firearms, Bow, or Crossbow in or Across Highway Prohibited. –
I. No person shall discharge a firearm, bow and arrow, or crossbow and bolt from within 15 feet of the traveled portion of
or across any class I through V highway of the state. This section shall not apply to those persons holding a special permit
pursuant to RSA 207:7-a.
II. No person shall discharge a firearm, bow and arrow, or crossbow and bolt from or across the following public highways
of the state including the rights of way thereof:
(a) Route 93 from the New Hampshire/Massachusetts state line in the town of Salem to the New Hampshire/Vermont
state line in the town of Littleton;
(b) Route 89 from the intersection with Route 93 in the town of Bow to the New Hampshire/Vermont state line in the
town of Lebanon;
(c) Route 95 from the New Hampshire/Massachusetts state line in the town of Seabrook to the New Hampshire/Maine
state line in the town of Portsmouth;
(d) Route 293 from the intersection with Route 93 in the city of Manchester to the intersection with Route 93 in the town
of Hooksett;
(e) Route 393 from the intersection with North Main Street in the city of Concord to the Concord/Chichester town line;
(f) Route 202/9 from the intersection with Route 114 in the town of Henniker to the junction with Route 31 in the town
of Hillsborough;
(g) Route 16, commonly known as the Spaulding Turnpike, from the intersection with Route 95 in the town of
Portsmouth to the Milton/Middletown town line;
(h) Route 3, commonly known as the F.E. Everett Turnpike, from the New Hampshire/Massachusetts state line in the
city of Nashua to the intersection with Route 101 in the town of Bedford;
(i) Route 101 from the intersection with Route 114 in the town of Bedford to the intersection with Route 1 in the town of
Hampton.
III. Any person convicted of discharging a firearm, bow and arrow, or crossbow and bolt prohibited under the provisions of
this section shall be guilty of a violation. Source. 1979, 37:1, eff. June 10, 1979. 2004, 40:2, eff. Jan. 1, 2005.
New Hampshire R.S.A. 644:13 Unauthorized Use of Firearms and Firecrackers. –
I. A person is guilty of a violation if, within the compact part of a town or city, such person fires or discharges any cannon,
gun, pistol, or other firearm, except by written permission of the chief of police or governing body.
II. For the purposes of this section, ""compact part'' means the territory within a town or city comprised of the following:
(a) Any nonresidential, commercial building, including, but not limited to, industrial, educational, or medical buildings,
plus a perimeter 300 feet wide around all such buildings without permission of the owner.
(b) Any park, playground, or other outdoor public gathering place designated by the legislative body of the city or town.
(c) Any contiguous area containing 6 or more buildings which are used as either part-time or permanent dwellings and
the spaces between them where each such building is within 300 feet of at least one of the others, plus a perimeter 300 feet
wide around all the buildings in such area.
Source. 1971, 518:1. 1991, 164:1, eff. Jan. 1, 1992. 1996, 161:1, 2, eff. Aug. 2, 1996.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top