New Gunsmith opened in Silverton, Oregon

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews' started by Mark W., Jul 22, 2012.

1. Mark W.

Mark W. Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

35   0   0
    Well after a VERY long time without a Gunsmith or anything even close to a gunsmith here in town. We now have one opening up a shop on C st. just West of NAPA.

I stopped by yesterday and while they are just getting going it looks like they are going to be a pretty nice shop. If I remember correctly its 3 guys in partnership with the Gunsmith being a school trained smith (his credentials are framed on the wall) They still have to move in the lathe and mill but will soon be setup to do just about everything.

The guy I talked to was friendly, knowledgeable, and very enthusiastic So I think it will be a good shop to do business with. I plan on supporting them best I can.

So heres the Gunsmiths Business card to give you the details:

[​IMG]
  2. Allfat

Allfat Active Member

3   0   0
    Do you know if they will be selling guns there? I saw the sign up there last week and went and peaked in the windows, but nobody was around and it looked pretty barren in there, they had a drill press in the back and a sign that said "Gunsmith."
  3. dustoffmedic

dustoffmedic Member

0   0   0
    He is just opening up ..Give him time ..And thank god for a real gunsmith
  4. Mark W.

Mark W. Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

35   0   0
    Yes he will have some guns for sale. Most of what is in stock now I'm told are on consignment. I have also been told by one of the managers at ACE that the gunsmith won't be selling ammo as his landlord the owner of ACE sells ammo and doesn't want the competition. NOW if this is true I can not say only passing along a rumor from a good source.

When I was in I think I saw about 1/2 dozen various semi auto handguns and 4-5 black rifles.

I'm told as time goes on there will be many more.
  5. Allfat

Allfat Active Member

3   0   0
    I totally agree, and, for the record, I was not being impatient, just curious because when I peaked in the window, there was really nothing inside. I was sure that they were just opening up though. Now I will have to figure out something that I need "gunsmith'd"

Thanks Mark, I look forward to seeing this shop take off. I recently moved to Mt. Angel and I was surprised to find that there were no gun shops in Mt. Angel or Silverton. Sure, you can buy ammo and some long guns at Bochslers, but not a place to hang out and look at lots of guns. I have been using The Gun Broker in Woodburn and Wild Bills in Mollala, neither are too far for me, but Silverton will be nice and convenient.
  6. Abiqua

Abiqua Active Member

8   0   0
    I stopped in too and wasn't impressed. Time will tell.