JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well after a VERY long time without a Gunsmith or anything even close to a gunsmith here in town. We now have one opening up a shop on C st. just West of NAPA.

I stopped by yesterday and while they are just getting going it looks like they are going to be a pretty nice shop. If I remember correctly its 3 guys in partnership with the Gunsmith being a school trained smith (his credentials are framed on the wall) They still have to move in the lathe and mill but will soon be setup to do just about everything.

The guy I talked to was friendly, knowledgeable, and very enthusiastic So I think it will be a good shop to do business with. I plan on supporting them best I can.

So heres the Gunsmiths Business card to give you the details:

SilvetonGunsmithcard.jpg

Do you know if they will be selling guns there? I saw the sign up there last week and went and peaked in the windows, but nobody was around and it looked pretty barren in there, they had a drill press in the back and a sign that said "Gunsmith."

Do you know if they will be selling guns there? I saw the sign up there last week and went and peaked in the windows, but nobody was around and it looked pretty barren in there, they had a drill press in the back and a sign that said "Gunsmith."

He is just opening up ..Give him time ..And thank god for a real gunsmith

Yes he will have some guns for sale. Most of what is in stock now I'm told are on consignment. I have also been told by one of the managers at ACE that the gunsmith won't be selling ammo as his landlord the owner of ACE sells ammo and doesn't want the competition. NOW if this is true I can not say only passing along a rumor from a good source.

When I was in I think I saw about 1/2 dozen various semi auto handguns and 4-5 black rifles.

I'm told as time goes on there will be many more.

He is just opening up ..Give him time ..And thank god for a real gunsmith

I totally agree, and, for the record, I was not being impatient, just curious because when I peaked in the window, there was really nothing inside. I was sure that they were just opening up though. Now I will have to figure out something that I need "gunsmith'd"

Yes he will have some guns for sale. Most of what is in stock now I'm told are on consignment. I have also been told by one of the managers at ACE that the gunsmith won't be selling ammo as his landlord the owner of ACE sells ammo and doesn't want the competition. NOW if this is true I can not say only passing along a rumor from a good source.

When I was in I think I saw about 1/2 dozen various semi auto handguns and 4-5 black rifles.

I'm told as time goes on there will be many more.

Thanks Mark, I look forward to seeing this shop take off. I recently moved to Mt. Angel and I was surprised to find that there were no gun shops in Mt. Angel or Silverton. Sure, you can buy ammo and some long guns at Bochslers, but not a place to hang out and look at lots of guns. I have been using The Gun Broker in Woodburn and Wild Bills in Mollala, neither are too far for me, but Silverton will be nice and convenient.

He's long gone. They never got fully setup. It ended up being more of a place to hang out and bullfart then get any serious work done on a firearm.

It's always good to have more decent gunsmiths around! Did he happen to say what school he went to? Just curious if he went thru the agi gunsmithing online Classes or went to actual school for it.

There were I believe 3 guys involved in the storefront. One of them was an ex Armorer in the army? One I have no idea what his talent was and the third I never meet was the one that knew how to use the lathe. I don't think anyone of them was a true trained civilian gunsmith. I could be wrong the 3 times I went in there we less then ideal.

the first time they had less of a shop setup then I have
the second time I could barely get a word in edgewise as one of the local blowhard was reminiscing about all the deals he made at various gun shows
the third time I asked specific questions relating to doing some barrel work and the capabilities of the lathe and after being told I didn't know what I was talking about and then learning they weren't even the ones that would have done the work I just left.

Went to Kevin in Keizer and all was well and good and me happy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top