JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A powder that's readily available would be a good choice. When is the last time anyone saw Unique on a shelf/at a web site?
You know that's right.
I wrote Hodgdon 3x about H322
When are they going to do a run of it. Many championships were won with it. Worksgood in 7.62x39, and I want to try it in the 6.5 Grendel. But why develope a load with extinct.product? I seems to me they only want to sell their newest lineup. Thats all. Unique is great for reduced liads. Lead bullets especially. I like titegroup for almost all pistol practice and cowboy loads. Higher is subject to individual calibers. No such thing as a universal in that case.

I've used Red Dot for many decades. It's been my go-to powder for everything from .25acp to 30-06 etc. It can be kind of sooty if too little pressure but it's always very consistent, forgiving, economical, yada

Unique does so much, people claim that it can be dirty, though I have had great luck with it.
Ditto this.

The claims of it being dirty are reality - but typically only if it is loaded in loads of like 5 grains or less, and in smaller cases such as 9mm or .380.

Yes, I realize data shows Unique loads in these rounds but MY experience is it shoots MUCH cleaner in 5 + grain loads and in larger cases such as .38/.357 and .30-30.

Yes, I load .30-30 with it and it shoots fantastically with 10 grains behind a 100 grain FMJ RN bullet - and very clean.

Ditto this.

The claims of it being dirty are reality - but typically only if it is loaded in loads of like 5 grains or less, and in smaller cases such as 9mm or .380.

Yes, I realize data shows Unique loads in these rounds but MY experience is it shoots MUCH cleaner in 5 + grain loads and in larger cases such as .38/.357 and .30-30.

Yes, I load .30-30 with it and it shoots fantastically with 10 grains behind a 100 grain FMJ RN bullet - and very clean.
Unique is great in many cartridges. Can be used in reduced loads, especially for lead loads, youth loads. But it's almost extinct.

One thing I just noticed on Hodgon reloading data site is now you can filter by powder so you can click on rifle or pistol. Cick on filter by powder, pick a powder and it'll show you all the cartridges that powder can be used in. I just tried it with AA#7 and saw loads for these three cartridges the 38 Special was listed as +P.

Does a table at the Southwest Washington Arms Collectors Show tomorrow morning at the Battleground Community Center count?
OH, got a show tomorrow? 2nd Saturday, right? i guess I should clip my badge to the monitor so I don't forget
Last time I was there cost me $80.00.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads