JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've used a couple of the Decelerator pads now and really like them. They're almost too "tacky" so they can get caught up in a loose shirts when mounting but man are they comfortable, especially at the bench.

Limbsaver pads are certainly the softest, but there is a problem: Installing one that is not "pre-fit" (and pre-fit is a term used very loosely--they really don't fit very well) requires grinding them to fit. The material in a Limbsaver pad does not lend itself well to grinding. My gunsmith called Limbsaver about this, and they recommended putting it in the freezer to achieve grindable hardness. All fine and dandy, but as the astute gunsmith pointed out, what happens when you go hunting in sub-zero weather? It is grindable once again, but its purpose of the moment is defeated. I do have LS pads on a number of guns, but for those that have significant recoil and might see Montana in winter, I opt for the Pachmayr Decelerator: or for more recoil mitigation, their one that I think is called "Mag-Plus". It has a foam insert, is very cushy, and yet very grindable when room temperature. Pachmayr supplies a little mushroom button that slides into one of the screw holes for vertical storage in a gunsafe so the pad does not compress with time. And, it has to be said, be sure and remove the mushroom button before you hunt: a .300 Magnum (or my Siamese Mauser .45-70) might displace some shoulder tissue if assisted by that button.

the limbsavers are nice and soft, but can turn into gummy stuff in a few years, and be junk......

the pachmeyer decelerator pads are almost as soft, and last much longer..

I will be checking a few of them out. Also will be going to the Sportsman show and seeing what they might have there. There is a gun show this weeken that I will go to but they have very little there anymore.

I had my gunsmith put Kick-Eez pads on both my .338 WM and my .300WM. They seem to help quite a bit. I can't tell you how durable they'll be, though, as far as comparison to the Decelerator pads.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top