JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello folks
I did a little research on here and I am under the assumption that it's ok to post this thread.

I have been working my current job in Portland as a Security officer for the past 4+ years. Recently we had two employees who had to be let go. So we are looking for two spots to fill and it is a FT position and it's night shift 10pm-6am and you will need to have a car/reliable source of transportation. I don't have a car but I use Tri-Met and ride my bicycle. You might get lucky and be able to get a ride from a co-worker but don't count on it. I am doing this on my own, I was not asked by the company or boss to do this.

If you are interested please contact me and I can give you more info. There are some benefits and the pay starts at $11/hr. With the right person(s) we will help you get the needed certifications and licenses.

The only thing I ask of you off record is to be a good person. Don't be a messy slob, be observant, and don't take advantage of your fellow officers! and please be an honest person because one of the big reasons why two people were fired was because they were lying. In our line of work, honesty is very important! it's a very chill job and my boss is a good guy.

It's been a while since I looked for work and from what I remember, it was a pain in the behind trying to find something decent. I know it can be really frustrating but hopefully I can help you.

Good luck and I hope to hear form you :)

Very cool of you to post this, with so many people looking for work.

I moved this to Off Topic, since it's the more appropriate place for it.

I've been asked if my employer is willing to pay more than the $11. Unfortunately at this pint in time the pay is as stated.
Trust me I know! it's not the greatest pay, but it beats working at a McDonald's or a Wal-Mart :D

I think posting job leads, not job classifieds by large employers, is a good thing. I'm sure a lot of us are trying to make a move. I did Security for awhile at a gated community in FL. Had to do the Key clock thing making the rounds, worked the gate and rode a golf cart. I acquired my love of reading on that job LOL! Not a bad gig. I'd HATE being a mall cop though, those teen punks would drive me crazy.

Yeah no mall cops here, thank God lol. And we don't deal with the public much either. Just truck drivers who come to load their cargo.

We have a building, a guard shack, and a real patrol car with purdy lights lol.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I do swing shift security now. Problem is that I make $9.32 an hour with no state income tax and only a 6 mile drive from home. Just wouldn't pay me to jump.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top