Near Milwaukie?

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews' started by PeterGibbons, Jun 8, 2011.

1. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

4   0   0
    Is there a nearby Rifle/Pistol range that's public near me? Not going back to the Sheriff's range. WAAY too expensive.
  2. hatchj

hatchj Member

10   0   0
    Johnson Creek Gun Club. But...the only rifles you can use are .22. I'd be interested to hear about ranges near that area that do a little more though.
  3. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Well-Known Member

13   0   0
    There's your two choices right there.
  4. elsullo

elsullo Banned

6   0   0
    Two thirds of the way out to Estacada are the Douglas Ridge Rifle Club and the Estacada Rod and Gun Club. Both are well regarded and not too expensive to join. Douglas Ridge has an indoor pistol range too...............................elsullo
  5. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Well-Known Member

30   0   1
    +1 for Douglas Ridge. I am a member there and it's a nice facility.
  6. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

4   0   0
    How is douglas for just plinking, brining a few friends, etc? Last range I was a member at was way too strict on limiting rate of fire, etc. I'm all for safety but sometimes rapid fire can be fun!
  7. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Well-Known Member

30   0   1
    They're not too keen on rapid fire. I have gotten away with some slow double taps with an RO around. The whole thing about rapid fire is about being able to control where the rounds go. Some people are skilled enough to control it; some aren't. My experience to date is if I am doing controlled double taps it hasn't been a problem, but I haven't just blazed away with rapid fire so I can't comment on the RO's response to that situation.
  8. joe k

joe k Member

0   0   0
    From DRRC's Handbook:
    One of the issues with rapid fire is complaints from neighbors. But like was said, controlled fire is the key. For example, we have "rapid fire" stages in our CMP matches, e.g. 10 shots in 60 seconds.
  9. dakaham

dakaham Active Member

58   0   0
    man im glad i dont live in portland!!!! We have M2 machine guns show up on saturdays once and awhile!!