JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Two thirds of the way out to Estacada are the Douglas Ridge Rifle Club and the Estacada Rod and Gun Club. Both are well regarded and not too expensive to join. Douglas Ridge has an indoor pistol range too...............................elsullo

Two thirds of the way out to Estacada are the Douglas Ridge Rifle Club and the Estacada Rod and Gun Club. Both are well regarded and not too expensive to join. Douglas Ridge has an indoor pistol range too...............................elsullo

+1 for Douglas Ridge. I am a member there and it's a nice facility.

How is douglas for just plinking, brining a few friends, etc? Last range I was a member at was way too strict on limiting rate of fire, etc. I'm all for safety but sometimes rapid fire can be fun!

How is douglas for just plinking, brining a few friends, etc? Last range I was a member at was way too strict on limiting rate of fire, etc. I'm all for safety but sometimes rapid fire can be fun!

They're not too keen on rapid fire. I have gotten away with some slow double taps with an RO around. The whole thing about rapid fire is about being able to control where the rounds go. Some people are skilled enough to control it; some aren't. My experience to date is if I am doing controlled double taps it hasn't been a problem, but I haven't just blazed away with rapid fire so I can't comment on the RO's response to that situation.

They're not too keen on rapid fire. I have gotten away with some slow double taps with an RO around. The whole thing about rapid fire is about being able to control where the rounds go. Some people are skilled enough to control it; some aren't. My experience to date is if I am doing controlled double taps it hasn't been a problem, but I haven't just blazed away with rapid fire so I can't comment on the RO's response to that situation.
From DRRC's Handbook:
Firearm Restrictions – Full auto and 3 round burst firearms are not to be fired in full auto or 3 round burst
mode at DRRC. If you own a full auto or 3 round burst capable firearm you may only use it at DRRC in
semi-auto mode.
One of the issues with rapid fire is complaints from neighbors. But like was said, controlled fire is the key. For example, we have "rapid fire" stages in our CMP matches, e.g. 10 shots in 60 seconds.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top