My Thompson 1927-A1 Semi-Auto Chicago Typewriter

Discussion in 'Rifle & Shotgun Discussion' started by gearchecker, Oct 4, 2011.

1. gearchecker

gearchecker Member

0   0   0
    Tommy Gun - The Chicago Typewriter
    Well I finally went and did it. About a month ago I bought a gun on impulse and went a bit over the top.
    I bought this Thompson Model 1927-A1 Semi-Auto Tommy gun. I wish it was Full Auto, but it will do.
    Complete and intact. It has the original Thompson 50 round drum mag, and 4 stick mags with a US military issue magazine pouch.
    The moment I got home I told my wife about it, and showed it to her. I can't repeat some of the comments she made. After giving me a bit of what for, she said it was the most useless gun I've ever bought. I agreed and said "Yeah, but isn't it cool!" then she found out how much I paid for it. I think I'll be paying for it around the house for a couple of months now. I was giddy for a few hours after getting this one.
    I finally had a chance to fire it today, and it's AWESOME! There is no noticable recoil. The Cutt's Compensator takes care of all the muzzle climb, and it's very quite. After dumping off one of the stick mags I had one shot left. I took out my earplugs and fired the last shot. (I've already got serious hearing loss so I figured "What the heck") It was barely louder than my Ruger 10/22 and far quieter than any of my other rifles all together.

I took a few pics to show it off.
    Here they are.
    [​IMG]

This is where Mr Thompson and Mr Colt get together. Thsi is my wife right after I showed it to her.
    [​IMG]

Thompson and Colt meet
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please feel free to let me know what you think
    Regards,
    ~gearchecker~
  2. FMJ 911

FMJ 911 Active Member

0   0   0
    That's a nice gun, but my M1A is 12.5 LBS is heavy enough for me to tote around! When I get my Class III/SOT, I'll be building Select-Fire versions of those, and if the SBR Bill make it through, I'll sell SBR Thompsons too!
  3. PaulZ

PaulZ Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

22   0   0
    that girl looks dangerous
  4. deadeye

deadeye Moderator Staff Member

79   1   0
    UUhhmmm her name isnt Bonnie is it?
  5. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Well-Known Member

37   0   0
    Big ole heavy bullet hose, I love mine!
  6. pattonclan

pattonclan Member

5   0   0
    congrats, got mine a week ago, same thing from my wifey poo, I believe you can get a modified mag release to except automatic 30 rnd mags if you do not want to modify mags
  7. Awmish

Awmish Member

15   0   0
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO