JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tommy Gun - The Chicago Typewriter
Well I finally went and did it. About a month ago I bought a gun on impulse and went a bit over the top.
I bought this Thompson Model 1927-A1 Semi-Auto Tommy gun. I wish it was Full Auto, but it will do.
Complete and intact. It has the original Thompson 50 round drum mag, and 4 stick mags with a US military issue magazine pouch.
The moment I got home I told my wife about it, and showed it to her. I can't repeat some of the comments she made. After giving me a bit of what for, she said it was the most useless gun I've ever bought. I agreed and said "Yeah, but isn't it cool!" then she found out how much I paid for it. I think I'll be paying for it around the house for a couple of months now. I was giddy for a few hours after getting this one.
I finally had a chance to fire it today, and it's AWESOME! There is no noticable recoil. The Cutt's Compensator takes care of all the muzzle climb, and it's very quite. After dumping off one of the stick mags I had one shot left. I took out my earplugs and fired the last shot. (I've already got serious hearing loss so I figured "What the heck") It was barely louder than my Ruger 10/22 and far quieter than any of my other rifles all together.

I took a few pics to show it off.
Here they are.
FullTommykit-1.jpg

This is where Mr Thompson and Mr Colt get together. Thsi is my wife right after I showed it to her.
100_1239.jpg

Thompson and Colt meet
Tommyand1911-1.jpg

Rightstamping.jpg

LeftPlate_Thompson.jpg

SerialplateX.jpg

DrumMag-1.jpg

Please feel free to let me know what you think
Regards,
~gearchecker~

That's a nice gun, but my M1A is 12.5 LBS is heavy enough for me to tote around! When I get my Class III/SOT, I'll be building Select-Fire versions of those, and if the SBR Bill make it through, I'll sell SBR Thompsons too!

tommy1.jpg I was thinking I needed something special for my 65th birthday, so I was looking at one of these on Cabela web page. My wife said "if that's what you want."
While giving the cashier my credit card I told the guy "I thought I needed something special for my 65th birthday" and my wife says "It's not your 65th birthday, that's not till next year! What are you going to get for your 65th?"

Last Edited:
Well I finally went and did it. About a month ago I bought a gun on impulse and went a bit over the top.
I bought this Thompson Model 1927-A1 Semi-Auto Tommy gun. I wish it was Full Auto, but it will do.
Complete and intact. It has the original Thompson 50 round drum mag, and 4 stick mags with a US military issue magazine pouch.
The moment I got home I told my wife about it, and showed it to her. I can't repeat some of the comments she made. After giving me a bit of what for, she said it was the most useless gun I've ever bought. I agreed and said "Yeah, but isn't it cool!" then she found out how much I paid for it. I think I'll be paying for it around the house for a couple of months now. I was giddy for a few hours after getting this one.
I finally had a chance to fire it today, and it's AWESOME! There is no noticable recoil. The Cutt's Compensator takes care of all the muzzle climb, and it's very quite. After dumping off one of the stick mags I had one shot left. I took out my earplugs and fired the last shot. (I've already got serious hearing loss so I figured "What the heck") It was barely louder than my Ruger 10/22 and far quieter than any of my other rifles all together.

Here they are.
View attachment 177700

This is where Mr Thompson and Mr Colt get together. Thsi is my wife right after I showed it to her.
View attachment 177701

Thompson and Colt meet
View attachment 177702

View attachment 177703

View attachment 177704

View attachment 177705

View attachment 177706

Regards,
~gearchecker~
Years ago I had the same one. I wish I had never got rid of it. I picked up half a dozen M3A1 (grease gun)30 round mags while in the service. I modified the rear so they would seat properly in the Thompson. Absolutely loved it.

I was thinking I needed something special for my 65th birthday, so I was looking at one of these on Cabela web page. My wife said "if that's what you want."
While giving the cashier my credit card I told the guy "I thought I needed something special for my 65th birthday" and my wife says "It's not your 65th birthday, that's not till next year! What are you going to get for your 65th?"
Damn if you are getting that for the 64th I would love to see what you get for the big one coming up. :)
Enjoy!!

Here they are.
View attachment 177700

View attachment 177701

Thompson and Colt meet
View attachment 177702

View attachment 177703

View attachment 177704

View attachment 177705

View attachment 177706

Regards,
~gearchecker~

:D:s0155::D:s0155:

Considering this is from 2011 and she hasn't been on here the last 2 years, y'all might have too wait for an answer :p

Yeah, when I see things like this I wonder what happened to that member. I might take a break from this site, but 2 years is a long time. Gun people usually don't quit being gun people.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top