JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well this may sound stupid, but what is the difference between Mil-spec and commercial? I want to order a Magpul stock for my Bushmaster lower and I notice Magpul offers both Mil-spec and commercial versions. What is the difference? Aren't most, if not all, AR's made to Mil-spec or am I missing something.
Thanks.

Well this may sound stupid, but what is the difference between Mil-spec and commercial? I want to order a Magpul stock for my Bushmaster lower and I notice Magpul offers both Mil-spec and commercial versions. What is the difference? Aren't most, if not all, AR's made to Mil-spec or am I missing something.
Thanks.
This is a good question....here you go:

http://img862.imageshack.us/i/buffertube2.jpg/

Amongst to top stock makers Mil Spec is more universally accepted (more choices) and for that reason I would go Mil Spec.
You can also argue that Mil Spec ensures better materials and manufacturing technique.

"Commercial" exists because it's easier/cheaper to manufacture.

too further answer your question...Most AR15's are of commercial grade these days. replace all the parts on your rifle with mil-spec parts as you can for optimal reliability and compatibility.

I learned this lesson years ago when I couldn't get my tango down vfg to fit on my new RRA CAR A4 rail because the vfg was made to mil-spec specifications like most if not all AR15 accessories and the YHM rail on the CAR A4 was commercial grade. Same goes for upper recievers and QD scope mounts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top