JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
went to mem today. the snow is clear up until about a mile befor the rock pit. I didn't attemp it in my little car but a good truck or similar vehicle should be able to make ut up there. we ened up shooting at a lower spot that didn't have signs posted. It was a mistake bringing my wife. I think my gsg 5 has been taken over by her. Its an ok compromise since I can hardly get her to shoot with me.

I tried to make it up to the pit this morning. The snow starts aprox. 4.5 miles up memaloose road, I made it up 1 mile past where the snow starts in a lifted toyota, but the ruts are 10+ inches deep past that point and my forward progress was hampered. Some vehicles have made it up there farther(hence the ruts):s0043:, and i guess that some have made it up to the pit. with warmer weather this week i would think that by the weekend more vehicles could make it to the pit.

On the way back down i stoped to pick up some shotgun shells somebody left just before the bridge, while stoped there a sherrif stoped and talked to me about shooting along memaloose road. He told me more than once that all shooting on memaloose road was closed accept for the gravel pit. He said that they keep puting up signs saying that the areas are closed but they keep disapearing:s0131:

A friend of mine went up goat mtn. He said that the there was just a tiny bit of snow in places. Goat mtn isn't far from mem and I think its around the same altitude. I'd like to know how mem is as well

hey guys im new here and i just wanted to know the direction to get to this shoooting area i just bought a gun and want to try it out... can anyone give me directions.. i live right next to the clackamas town center

if you can get to estacada it is pretty easy from there.

Head up 224 towards detroit / ripplebrook. there is an old no longer used weigh station on the left side of the road around 8 miles out of estacada, once you see it (it is just a little shack) there will be a green bridge on the right. It is the first green arched bridge out of estacada. cross the bridge and stay on pavement. you need to drive 6.8 miles to the shooting ranges. there are a few ranges up there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top