Looking for walk-in holster store - Portland west-side

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews' started by MrB+, May 12, 2011.

1. MrB+

MrB+ Member

0   0   0
    I thought someone mentioned in another thread, another forum on this site, a store in the Portland area that was good for holsters -- good selection and solid advice. Went back looking but can't find it now.

I'm in need of a holster to fit a full-sized revolver. I don't think it (the gun) is a good candidate for CC, so that eliminates some categories. What I'm after is something to support a day at OFA and IPSC/IDPA. I'd rather do walk-in as I don't know quite what I want, and would like to see a few choices.

Thanks for any suggestions...

MrB+
  2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Well-Known Member

30   0   1
    There's Lighting Arms over near Washington Square Mall on the west site and Ted Blocker Holsters is in Tigard.
  3. miletwo

miletwo Member

0   0   0
    I hear nothing but great stuff about Ted Blocker Holsters. That said... I'm not so sure they are "walk-in" as much of his work is very custom and very beautiful. They may have generic off the shelf kind of stuff though. I would start there.
  4. MrB+

MrB+ Member

0   0   0
    Super. Appreciate the pointers. I was thinking Ted Blocker would be all custom, and I don't see going that route until I know more about what I want/need. But it can't hurt to look in.

MrB+
  5. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Well-Known Member

30   0   1
    Ted Blocker is a custom holster maker, but I believe they have samples of the different styles of holsters they make so you could determine what style of holster you want.