JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a light weight budget scope. About the only thing I can find is a vortex crossfire 2 or diamondback 2-7x32. The issue is they come in at 14oz, so at that point I should just get vortex 3-9x40.

Any recommendations? Open to other brands, vortex is just what I have found so far to be in my price range.

Budget? What's the $$$ amount?

Lightweight, about the best in that category is Leupold.

Looking for a light weight budget scope. About the only thing I can find is a vortex crossfire 2 or diamondback 2-7x32. The issue is they come in at 14oz, so at that point I should just get vortex 3-9x40.

Any recommendations? Open to other brands, vortex is just what I have found so far to be in my price range.
Leapers/utg bug buster 3-9x. Have had mine for 14 years and has seen a ton of use on numerous guns. Never lost zero. Very bright and clear glass. Mil dot reticle. about $79-$129ish depending on where you buy. 14oz
08B89BC3-E366-4CD9-972F-CE7CF32D7464.jpeg

Jump on an old M8 6x Leupold and don't look back. I like the 2-7x as an option, but it's a fixed for any of my serious hunting rifles. Sight 2.5 over at 100, should be good to 300 on the tip of the heavy reticle.

thanks for all the responses. I wanted to do the Burris but didn't like how the optic yard marks lined up in correlation to what I want to shoot, .308 180 gr. The older luepold's are hard to track down and the weight penalty is not hardly anything to get more magnification and bigger objective.

I'm a cheap bastard but ended up going with Leupold 3-9x40.

I'm a cheap bastard but ended up going with Leupold 3-9x40.

Anouther one people forget about . ( Sightron ) has really stepped-up there game last several years, their high-end line kicksass .
. but for less-$ they do have a S-Tac series / 2FP scopes that are decent . That series comes-in from 200-$ to under 600-$ usd .

I have not looked at them for several years . I just took a new look at the Sightron line a few weeks back and was surprised to see some good offerings .
They got a couple S-Tac scopes / 3-16 x42 / FFP / Zero Stop/ Illum.Ret. / MOA or Mil ranging Ret./ and about 13" in scope length . So I grabbed one of the FFP S-tac to check out .

If you are near a BiMart, they currently have the Burris 4.5-14x Fullfield E1 on sale for $149.99. It has their basic ballistic plex reticle, not the busy Christmas tree version. Not the smallest, lightest, but very good for the money. Made in the Phillipines.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top