JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well you guys will have to post a review of it. I am interested to hear what they did (if anything) to try and make it have a halfway decent trigger (a common problem on bullpup conversions) and how heavy it is compared to a standard SKS. Also how well the magazine works, I know SKSes often hate those larger detachable mags.

Looks pretty ugly though I must say. :/

From the looks of things........they were being a little too optimistic about production assets that didn't come through. I read somewhere that they're pre-order count was less than 550. We also know they're having issues with multiple vendor's cooperating with time lines. That's the kind of bubblegum that happens when you begin production as a small company. If they can manage to keep things going, and not have quality control issues, than as orders progress....I can guarantee that the price is gonna keep going up, and up, and up, until it meets, or exceeds similar stock kits. OR.....they'll go bust, and those who managed to actually receive one will be sitting on a damn gold mine. Hope that doesn't happen. Personally, I'm rooting for them here....and not just because I want my stock. I hope they do well, and continue to produce kits, parts, and even more designs of the same quality. I'm certain that given time they could come up with kit designs for other milsurps as well. Other bullpup options for 10/22's, and AK's would be terrific.

Whoops...hit the soapbox instead of answering questions...

1) Weight- Dunno exact weight, but it's probably very nearly what an original weighs. The sks IS a heavy milsurp rifle. There is no getting around that fact. The original wood stocks are for the most part, feather light. But all that heavy steel tipping forward doesn't make for a comfortable hold until you get used to it. Slapping that steel into a plastic stock won't alleviate the problem. Shifting the center of gravity backward only does 2 things. Gives you a shorter over-all length, and for SOME...only some....makes for a more comfortable grip.

2) Trigger- They advertise that the trigger assembly roughly replicates original trigger feel. Well...if I drop a turd on top of an old turd, it roughly resembles it every time. Without a trigger job, the stock sks has a horribly sloppy time punching rounds out. What it IS good at is getting it done more often than not! From watching the assembly video a few times, I think they've done a good job, but I also think that they'll need to have spare parts (such as that union clip next to the pull length adjuster) available for repairs. Lets face it, that particular part looks like a friggin staple.

3) Magazines....from the video's it looks as if anything that'll work in a standard aftermarket stock, will work about the same in the Shernic. IE: 30 rnd tapco's never work for bubblegum, and 20 rnd usually work fairly well. If you want it to be as reliable as it was designed to be......leave the original mag in place.

4) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Give me a couple months, and hopefully I'll be holdin this gorgeous thing!

5) Price- Following pre-sale orders, cost of shipping included to Seattle was $173.95, including the two bonus parts. (3-way lower Pic rail, and extended mag release)

Pricey? If there's anything else that's ever been on the market under $400 in the last 20 years, I've certainly never seen it!

Let me introduce you to Center Balance Rifle Platform Systems
Most of their kits run from $190 to $300.

They make some stunningly cool looking bullpup kits for several rifles including the mosin-nagant. No, seriously:

<broken link removed>

They also make an SKS kit:

SKSflat3_op_554x253.jpg

I'm considering picking up the mosin kit once I get my shernic bullpup. I'm also considering the mossberg plinkster kit as a gift for a buddy. "Hey man, I turned your plain-jane 22 into a space gun".

And there are several videos of them in action:

SKS: YouTube - CB SKS Tac firing demo
Mosin: YouTube - RANGE TEST #1 - CBRPS Mosin Nagant Bullpup Kit
AK: YouTube - CB AK Police model firing demo
Saiga-12: YouTube - CB Saiga 12 twenty round firing demo

I preordered on January 2010 and got mine last month, well worth the wait after receiving and seeing the quality of it. Installation took an hour or so due to some custom fitting that was needed for my Chinese Norinco Paratrooper model. Stock is well built, rugged, looks great and some say makes the trigger feel better but I haven't much experience with sks before this one so I can't tell the difference. I took a spare picatinny rail I had and cut and drilled it to fit for now till I receive the rails from Shernic, that way I didn't have to wait to install my CAA folding vertical grip that also works as standard grip in the horizontal position. Bushnell trophy red dot is a good choice because it mounts at the front of the optic and leaves the rear to overhang and get closer to the eye, also its a really good optic. Feel free to ask me questions.

Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting....wish I was in Portland, I've been dying to get a chance to at least lay eyes on one. I didn't even hear about them until August of last year, so the soonest I was able to order was Sept. I have serious doubts that I'll even see mine before April or June. I should have saved my money and ordered a cbrps for my AK instead. I'm not saying that the Shernic isn't well worth the money.........I just don't have the patience I once did.

Oh yeah...kudos for fashioning your own rail. I've been wondering when somebody was gonna come up with that temporary option. Go figure it'd be somebody from our area smart enough to figure it out! The rifle looks great.

Hey all, I just got mine today.... I am so happy with it. Functional test have no issue, look great and material feel so good in my hand. I turned a 200 bucks rifle into a 1000 bucks rifle. :) IMG_0932.JPG IMG_0935.JPG Now I need time to zero my red dot.

IMG_0935.JPG

IMG_0932.JPG