JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've read elsewhere that they will in fact be morphing into an ammo/reloading goodies store. Personally, I think it would be nice to have a West Coast version of Powder Valley within reasonable driving distance, but it still STINKS that they had to surrender their FFL. I've only bought two firearms from them but they were both reasonably priced and the service was good.

Yes, a West Coast version of PV would be marvelous. If they move to the new facility I have heard rumor of, they'll be less than 30 miles away. More convenient but the gas bill would still be about as much as the hazmat charge :cool:

I've also heard that they might be building an indoor range at the new location. We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for the clarification folks. Almost bought an LR 308 there in November but had some family challenges and then Conn. massacre. But liked the selection when I was there and it's a real pity I am only working PT now. During the panic I was in there a couple of times so I could see where someone might be able to abscond with a gun in the busy busy madness.

Brutus out

I'm really beginning to wonder if BATFE et al. is doing this so as to confiscate the 4473's including ones they may have 'lost', and compile a de facto registry of firearm owners...? Considering the amount of first-degree scumbaggery I've seen and experienced over the years, I would not be one iota surprised.

I'm really beginning to wonder if BATFE et al. is doing this so as to confiscate the 4473's including ones they may have 'lost', and compile a de facto registry of firearm owners...? Considering the amount of first-degree scumbaggery I've seen and experienced over the years, I would not be one iota surprised.

I won't be running out and buying any "headware compatable" tin-foil yet. I think what the BATFE is doing is making up for all the flubbering up they've been doing and starting to make sure all the "I's" are dotted and "T's" crossed. There are enough laws standing in their way to prevent their creating a "registry" but they sure can make sure that "Dealers" follow the rules and regulation to the letter.

Not so sure I disagree with it as long as it's not just a case of picking fly poop out of the pepper. In the case we've been discussing, that isn't the case and unfortunately the BATFE is not on a witch-hunt.

Ask any FFL how important it is to maintain security of their firearms and also the integrity of their records. Remember where the "DC Sniper's" got their weapon? Came up missing at a local FFL who claimed it "was stolen". Maybe so? Maybe no? Combine that kind of happening with enough other errors and we now know what can happen.

Weren't The DC snipers black as I recall? Funny they never seem to be mentioned in the attack against firearms and the EBR in particular.

:s0131:
Brutus out

Not sure that I want to make "race" any part of a discussion on firearms. OK, so they were black. And then James Holmes, the Aurora, CO shooter was white. It's not a "black/white" issue.

It really isn't about the weapon ever. If it's not a semi-auto rifle then it's a shotgun, bomb, knife, etc.

My point is they were serial killers and I think its odd that they are not held up in the same media light that New Town, Aurora, Columbine shooters are fore using evil black rifles. Why do they get left out of the conversation by the gun grabbers.

Brutus Out

That is a pretty disturbing thing. Kesselrings has been in business for years, probably longer than most gun shops in the NW. Very well known business. It's been over twenty years since I've been there (I was in the Navy at NAS Whidbey), but it was a great place to look and browse, even buy gear that you needed.

Kesselring is an old established business, but like so many outfits like that, they rest on the reputation of the good old days and think that will make things fly. Tragically for them, it doesn't. When an original owner puts blood, sweat and tears into a business, and takes great care of his customers, then sells the place off and the new owners think they can get pure profit from the previous owners reputation, it tanks in a hurry. They sound like a pretty sloppy enterprise. Kesselrings isn't the only outfit like that. I have run into far too many gunshops that have similarly poor customer relations practices.
Drove up to see what all the fuss was about, the store itself is pretty shabby, the customer service was completely lacking, and their guns seemed to all be marked up atleast 30% over retail, employees there seemed errogant and not to knowledgeable my consensus was that this dealer could care less if they sell anything.

I would rate Kesselring as a overpriced and unfriendly barn with a decent selection of guns who is obviously taking full advantage of the captivated audience of their customers! in being the only gun dealer in the surrounding area. overall I would not reccommend them and Not worth the drive to me again.

Doesn't surprise me. If you've ever seen the "paper trail" that a firearm business HAS to generate annually FOR the government
YOU'D know how easy to "loose" data!!

What dealers should do, is make copy's of records and send them in every year to Atlanta's office of the BATF&E until they figure out a better system. WAIT, that wouldn't work, OboCare anyone!!

HA! I sent some correspondence in to the IRS one year certified mail, signature required. Didn't want them to "lose" it. It was delivered but no one signed for it. I asked the post office about that, they said government organizations will not sign for any mail. They will duck responsibility at all costs. They can lose or pick up a paper trail if they want to, and I imagine BATFE is the same way.

Yeager's in BHam lost their license a few years ago but got it back...something about not taking proper steps to renew...i. e. Paperwork! Like them the best in this area. Mike (gun supv) is great. Dave's employees have a snob attitude.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.