JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey KelTec bashers, I have owned several Kel Tecs, never had a problem with any of them. The KSG is the most interesting new idea in shotguns in almost 100 years. Which is why so many are interested. There is more demand than supply for many of their products. Try finding an RFB. The company also has better customer service than Glock in my opinion and stands behind their product and honors their warranty better too. I have had better reliability with them than from Taurus semi autos which generally cost a little more. Their designs are interesting and different form all the other companies that just copy each other and are truly innovative and outside of the box. Why do you think Ruger and Taurus have such similar copy cat designs to their pistols? Now I haven't owned all the different models and I'm sure some of you may have bad experiences with some models, but I have heard people bash $1000 Kimbers too. If these are not your cup of tea, fine, don't buy one. But don't be putting KelTec and Lorcin in the same category. C'mon really?

No one's saying they are as bad as Lorcin and no one's saying their customer service is anything but stellar, but Kel-Tec does seem to cut a lot of corners in order to manufacture things for a cheap price. This is either a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. Personally I don't mind spending an extra couple hundred $ for higher quality materials and more quality control testing. Also, I think pretty much everyone agrees that when it comes to innovating new designs Kel-Tec is pretty awesome. I do love their designs, it's just their implementation that I'm not too impressed with. Perhaps with the KSG they will try to turn this around, they are asking a pretty high price for it so I'm going to expect a little more this time around.

Ruger and Taurus don't impress me much either.

I would think that with the perception of Kel-Tec and their love/hate relationship with shooters for their inexpensive pistols, they would want to flood the market initially with a relatively low price to start off with for their newest addition. They have a big uphill battle to fight to gain some shooter's trust. (Just sayin' from the LE world.)

I would think that with the perception of Kel-Tec and their love/hate relationship with shooters for their inexpensive pistols, they would want to flood the market initially with a relatively low price to start off with for their newest addition. They have a big uphill battle to fight to gain some shooter's trust. (Just sayin' from the LE world.)

Or maybe they could design and build a quality bullpup .308 that takes FAL mags.;)

IMG_7624.jpg

No one's saying they are as bad as Lorcin

Actually...I did. Because of the very reasons you listed as to why Kel-Tec is lower tier.

Lorcins can put lead downrange too, but I wouldn't ever put my life in the hands of either Kel-Tec or Lorcin to properly defend it.

I can draw some pretty cool, innovative stuff, but I wouldn't trust me to build it. If their design team is that good, it would behoove them to try and merge with a company that knows a thing or two about QC and manufacturing.

I finally think I understand what a lot of folks are saying about Kel-Tec. We went shopping for a pistol for the Mrs last Saturday and finally got to put my mitts on a Kel-Tec (PF9 to be exact). Simply put, it looks like a piece of junk. The guy at the store thought it shot just fine but it looks rougher than any of the cheaper pistols I've seen (Hi-Points for one). That said, I did put my name on the waiting list (yes, there's a long waiting list at this store) for the PMR-30. And am looking forward to seeing the KSG.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top