JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I once owned a Glock 27, that didn't fit my hand. Shooting more than 50 rounds at a time would wear a blister on my trigger finger which was in contact with the frame at the top of the trigger guard. I now own an XD, which fits my hand like a glove. Glock makes good guns, but not for me.

Same thing with me. I bought the G23 and after about 50 rounds my trigger finger was hurting. I never had that problem with my XDm or M&P just the Glock. I smoothed out the internal thinking that was the problem and it didn't help. So I switched it it with a M&P, now my finger feels normal again when I shoot.

That's what I have, in a compact

Had the XDm 3.8 9mm and it was too heavy for conceal carry (in my opinion) but a damn good shooter. Carry M&P compact now and don't have a weight problem plus super comfortable to shoot.
Shoot & carry for comfort, accuracy and reliability and never for looks, it not a fashion show.

love me some glocks and still have much love for the 26. sent the 21 down the road in favor of an m&p45 and the 17 down the road in favor of a p226.

imho every smith and wesson double action revolver is better than a glock.

also not a fan of the croation sensation.

If you dont check out the new Walther PPQ your doing yourself a great diservice. Fantastic pistol at a great price. (cheaper that glock in most cases) Most P99 holsters, sights etc... will fit. Magazines from Walther a bit spendy but there are other makers. Really you wont believe the trigger. It breaks like a 1911 out of the box. Naturally points every bit as good as my glock. Also it is way better looking to boot.

Its a Walther...been doing guns way before Glock.

I still haven't handled any other guns since I posted this, but I have bought some more useless crap for my glock:

I've got an extended lone wolf barrel and a flash hider on it now, and have a slip-on grip thingie and a few other things on order that should show up later this week that I'm hoping will change the ergonomics more to my liking.

More than likely, I'll probably just keep it whether I get another polymer 9mm or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walther PPQ. Mags are a bit spendy right now. But I bet that will change. Best damn plastic pistol you ever felt in your hand. Trigger breaks like a 1911 and the reset is amazing. Just went out and shot mine in .40 SW and left a smile on my face. Glocks are great, mind you so are XD's and the accessories are mind boggling. Walthers are cheap to boot. But you should check them out if possible. Budsgunshop.com has them $517.00 shipped free. Good luck, tough choice to make. There a butt load of good guns out there.

Walther PPQ. Mags are a bit spendy right now. But I bet that will change. Best damn plastic pistol you ever felt in your hand. Trigger breaks like a 1911 and the reset is amazing. Just went out and shot mine in .40 SW and left a smile on my face. Glocks are great, mind you so are XD's and the accessories are mind boggling. Walthers are cheap to boot. But you should check them out if possible. Budsgunshop.com has them $517.00 shipped free. Good luck, tough choice to make. There a butt load of good guns out there.

Jetguns.com has them for $486/shipped.

I've read lots of good stuff recently about the Walther PPQ. Personally I switched to M&Ps about a year ago (after having an XDm for a while). I think the APEX DCAEK trigger is a must, wonderful trigger pull, but that does add a premium to the cost of the gun.

I personally love my Glock 19 gen 4 and can shoot it great but cannot shoot some other Glocks very well. And like most are saying what works for me may not work for you. Get out handle a bunch of guns and you will find the one that will fit you the best.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top