JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
what is the availability of any .223 or .308 ammo? snatched up? i didnt go because i didnt want to wait in that line.... i need a backstage pass! i wont go tomorrow cause with a line like that all the good stuff will be gone LOL.... and those complaining about ammo prices in the classifieds probably went to the show to get "better deals" found out there was nothing left and all the ammo will be bought up on our forum by tomorrow night :s0112:

There wont be any better deals there. They will jack price up....

Option A: get up early, drive to Portland, pay $10 to park, stand in line for 2 hrs in the cold, pay another $10 to enter, then go inside and fight through a herd of panic buyers, or....

Option B: sleep in, then kick back on the couch by my woodstove with a cup of coffee and browse thru the NWFA classifieds on my laptop.

Didnt take me long to choose :)

Exactly what I opted to do

I had a few friends that wanted to show up before the gates open to see if there were any great deals to be had....so we got there right about 8am (gates opened at 9). We were let inside by the ticket office so we could stay warm.

Many bits and parts were ridiculous....those evil assault weapons all priced way higher, people walking around selling backpacks full of pmags mags for $50/each (Although I did see some sitting on tables for $40), 550 count box of Thunderbolt .22's selling for $40 each, cheapest .223 ammo I saw was $.58 cents a round for once fired stuff from Tactical....

But then there was the not-so-incrediably-gouging priced stuff....most handguns (save the high cap spare mags) were not too crazy, I got a lower parts kit for my stripped receiver for $100 (Normally about 75), a stock for the same receiver for $60 (Normally about $50), some friends bought some bulk brass for decent price......meh. Win some you lose some.

I enjoyed myself until about 11 when there were too many people to walk around and I just left.

:huh:Ya where is channel 12 News? And where are the protesters? :s0112:

They are at the Colorado shooting that happned. Its Obamas fault for having a crappy economy and no one having jobs, etc. Then Detroit is on news and Chief wants gun control. I laughed at that. They steal guns there. Cesspool city...... Oh well. have a great day

I was thinking about going to pick up a couple of lower parts kits, but decided to just back order them. It was much better than standing in line and paying too much. Instead I had a cup of coffee of will pay the normal price once they get them in stock.

Clark County show at 1100 (Sat) had plenty of parking and no line. Some of the vendors I spoke to said it had been super busy earlier, but it wasn't bad at all when I went there. Got a condescending lecture from one vendor who explained that vendors "pay for the customers' parking" at Clark County. Told him thanks, that's why I came.

Saw some Olympic arms AR's for $1699 and various oddball modded heavily used AK's around $1000.

Many, many really stinky people who've not used any soap or water for at least a few days. Phew!

Still, seeing the picture above, I'm really glad I didn't try the Expo show.

So how would that work anyway, to go there and pay for parking, expecting to spend an hour inside the show. Then drive up near the building and realize there's a 2-hour line, rain or shine, just to go inside. So you just pay and that's that? Can't imagine that parking booth operators were telling people it was a zoo inside the gates. I'd be supremely pissed.

Option A: get up early, drive to Portland, pay $10 to park, stand in line for 2 hrs in the cold, pay another $10 to enter, then go inside and fight through a herd of panic buyers, or....

Option B: sleep in, then kick back on the couch by my woodstove with a cup of coffee and browse thru the NWFA classifieds on my laptop.

Option B please.

I went to the Portland show on the Friday after Obama's first election. I got there just as it was opening. It was still 1/2 hour from entering the parking lot until I got to the sales floor. People were coming out the door with handtrucks full of ammo. One guy coming out with a handtruck full said it was second trip in.

I thought that was bad. But two hours???

Well some of you know live in an are well east of most on here,

But, I Drove over an hour to a tri-state show, and took me over an hr to cover it all everything was priced 50% - 150% above normal prices that is if they had what you wanted, very very little ammo, one person had a few cases, and there odd ball calibers, I saw three AR15'w they were all part of a raffle, no ar's for sale, no ak's, most everything was bolt action or old guns or high priced hand guns, No Mossbergs 500's, it was mostly odd ball ammo sales, military type, clothes, knive etc., there was one FN FAL AR10 at for double normal price.

The show was opposite of shows I have been to int he past, do you remember watching Jericho when they go to the county fair grounds, and those that have set the price and all others are beggers, when I felt like I was living in Jericho

stopped at two walmarts on the way home, no 22's at all, no HPs

50 minute wait at 10:15 am.

The usual price gouging going on with mags and AR's. Handguns seem to be up about $ 25 to $ 35 over the last couple of shows. Crowds were crazy. Probably my last gun show for about the next 6 months. No deals to be had, Price gouging on all ammo. Much better ways to buy things than that.

And of course you had to see the 2 scuzzed out dudes with badges under their shirts...Fed's no doubt.

I showed up to the expo show about 10 am. The line was as long as the picture shows but it took a less than half an hour to get to the front. By far the most polite and fastest moving line Ive ever been in. Left the show about an hour and a half later and no line at all.

You all who went are CRAZY! $20 for parking and entry just to confirm what you already knew?

Or did you just tell your wife that's where you were going? Then when she asked why you didn't buy anything at the gun show you told her it was because the prices were too high. ;)

Me neither. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews