JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No one chooses to become an active alcoholic or addict.

That being said, the only way to overcome the disease is to suffer enough consequences that one hits bottom and becomes willing to get help and be accountable.

For some people, unfortunately, the bottom they wind up hitting is death.

The problem with that, is every one associated with the alcoholic/addict suffers from their addictive behavior (and the consequences thereof).

I come from a family where addiction "runs in the genes". I would rather avoid the problem altogether, so I don't drink. I like it that way.

The problem with that, is every one associated with the alcoholic/addict suffers from their addictive behavior (and the consequences thereof).

I come from a family where addiction "runs in the genes". I would rather avoid the problem altogether, so I don't drink. I like it that way.
Part of recovery also involves the family learning to draw healthy boundaries. Yes the family suffers but often it is because they enable the alcoholic out of a misguided sense of loyalty. Learning "tough love" is part of the healing process for everyone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top